Tropico 4 (What, already!?)

Gargantou

Companion Cube
Reaction score
That's right.

http://kotaku.com/5612339/its-tropi...=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+kotaku/full+(Kotaku)

"Fresh from the success of last year's Tropico 3, Kalypso Media and developer Haemimont Games bring El Presidente into the 21st century, adding in Facebook and Twitter functionality into next year's Tropico 4."

Yeah, that's what makes or break a sequel to a game for me, whether or not it adds in social networking functionality!

Wow!? The ability to post facebook and twitter updates, i am buying this game for sure. I bet people on my facebook and twitter page would love to see what im doing inside of a game.

How the hell can they make another game already?
They just added a ****ing expansion to 3!

^Money, money, money.

28l5j7k.jpg

On another note, Tropico is still on my list of games to play sometime, so they can go ahead and release as many as they want for now!

It'll be out in spring 2011. What's your problem?

It's a building game. They don't have an entire storyline/cutscenes/missions to create.

Which is why expanding the current game should be all that's needed, really.

Guys, it's ok when anybody but ATVI does it.

It's a building game. They don't have an entire storyline/cutscenes/missions to create.

Actually I recall Tropico 3 having all three of those.

Sure they weren't as intricate as say an FPS, but it had them.:p

Yeah, this does seem a bit hasty. I will likely stick with 1-3 for the time being unless 4 offers a lot more than what has already been mentioned in this thread lol.

It's not really a problem for me, if the improvements are major enough, and don't just feel like a continuation of the expansion pack.

The reason for the statement in the topic with "already" is that it's been less than a year since the release of Tropico 3 and they've already announced a sequel, whereas it was 6 years between Tropico 2 and 3.

But then again, there was only 2 years between the releases of Tropico and Tropico 2, which will be the same amount of time here.

Back