Two months left: Are you hyped?

Are you hyped?

• Yes, I can hardly wait for october!

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • I'm a bit excited.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I'm reasonably interested in this game, but not hyped.

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • I've lost most/all interest due to the delays

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I've lost most/all interest due to other reasons

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Never been hyped, find Half-life boring

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kattmat

Reaction score
So now it's just two months until October 9th, release date of the orange box. It's pretty much certain that there won't be any more delays. Are you hyped? Personally I was more excited a year ago at this time, the delays have been long and I decided to ignore Episode 2 until it was obvious that the release date is reliable.

I'm not so angry or bitter as certain other members are, since I believe that the delays have made the game of a higher quality and create a better experience for the players. Still, the 10-months delay has been a bit irritating and my hype is pretty much gone. I'm interested to see how many members who are still hyped before the release.

I've been hyped about Episode Two since the Leipzig Games Convention in Germany.

I won't get truly excited until the week leading up, but yeah, I'm very much looking forward to it.

Probably not as hyped as I was a few months ago but still very anxious and exited to continue the story. I know this long wait was DEFINATELY worth it.

Indeed, once I finally get my exam results next week, time will fly, especially once uni is started.

I am tremendously excited, but I won't be able to play it until November or even Christmas. Silly college... I'm going to have to drop off the forums for a bit when it does come out. Stop clapping.

Be hyped after I finish Episode 1.

Summer usually ends really fast for some reason, first month of college is usually not that rough and you're happy seeing friends back, and then there's nine days.

Not that long.

Not really hyped about it, because i don't really tend to get hyped about games because they usually come out ages after the original release date and i get bored of being hyped, but i'll definitely buy it the day it's available.

This game is going to be better than sex.

Women? Who needs 'em! I have Portal.

Released on Steam and in America on 9th October, yes.
I'm indeed really hyped, I will get Portal, TF2 (which looks awesome) and at last, but not the least EP2. Oh, and gonna buy a new PC, so first I play Hl2 and EP1 on full settings, then go and enjoy the Orange box!

The question is, which game are you going to play first? I'm going to do Portal and Ep. 2 at the same time.

It's a bit of an obvious answer i'd think. Personally i'm playing (and completing) Ep.2 first.

I was really hypes up a few months ago, but not so much anymore. I haven't played ep1 yet so I'm going to really like playing ep1 and ep2 in a row so it feels almost like a full game.

I try to ignore hype until release is imminent, so at the moment I couldn't care less but come October I'm going to be jumping out of my skin

Absolutely, I can't wait for Episode Two and Portal.
I hope they will make launch teasers like before Episode One.

I'm so ****ing stoked about getting the Orange Box. Finally, I will be able to experience the awesomeness that IS Half-Life 2.

Everyone make sure you do your pre-episode play ritual. Mine's:
Blue Shift
Opposing Force
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
then...
Half-Life 2: Episode 2!!

Yes, I can hardly wait for october!

The time DOES seem ripe for a good play-through of the original Half-Life...

A bit excited, not jumping off the walls or anything.

Everyone make sure you do your pre-episode play ritual. Mine's:
Blue Shift
Opposing Force
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode 1
then...
Half-Life 2: Episode 2!!

You forgot Decay and Lost Coast :hmph:

Decay is before HL1, and I usually jump off a cliff in Highway 17 and then startup LC, because that would be the only acceptable transition from HL2 to LC :O

What makes me sad is knowing the the release date will most likely be pushed back. ;(

What makes me sad is knowing the the release date will most likely be pushed back. ;(

Most likely? I dunno, I'm still counting on them keeping their word. They have never announced an official date till now, so I reckon they mean it this time.

Like Samon, I'm gonna go retail as well.

I HOPE they'll keep their word. But release dates have been in the habit of being pused back.....

Dayum, I just asked a guy at EB Games when I could pre-order The Orange Box and he said he had no idea. D:

Yes, I can hardly wait for october! More excited for this than halo 3! :D

not quite yet...

eagerly waiting for some media/announcement at '07 Leipzig Convention, though

I'm so hyped about this right now that I had a dream about playing Episode Two last night.

Hold me HL2.net.

Back