Ubisoft Confirms Seven Nintendo Wii Launch Games

DrDevin

Tank
Reaction score
Ubisoft today announced seven titles that will be released on or around the Wii launch date. The announcement of seven games by Ubisoft shows the company's confidence in Nintendo's next-generation console system. "We're thrilled that Ubisoft will be unveiling Wii versions of both exclusive new IP and established franchises," said Reggie Fils-Aime, president and chief operating officer for Nintendo of America.

The seven titles Ubisoft announced:

* Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II
* Far Cry
* Open Season
* GT Pro Series
* Monster 4X4
* Red Steel
* Rayman Raving Rabbids

Ubisoft France has also confirmed that the Wii version of Prince of Persia will be released for the console in March 2007 in France. Confirmation of an English version of the game has not arrived. Ubisoft has also stated that other Wii games are currently under development.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3652

Thats is what I call decent launch titles! :O

I think the wii will be definitely worth it, even at launch.

Nice little line up there for a launch. And that's only 1 company!

I think Far Cry, Red Steel and Rayman will be on my list :)

Glad to see the Wii is getting some big-name 3rd party support. And some people had doubts... :p

Yes, this is great news. I am glad Ubi is so excited about this new platform. I would dearly love to see it do well and this looks like a great way to start. Apparently Nintendo seems to be learning from the past and fixing problems that may have plagued their other systems...3rd party support being a major problem.

I wonder what Far Cry it will be, are there any info on it?
I mean, is it a port of Far Cry PC or a port of Instincts, or an entirely new standalone game?

How much are Wii games giong to cost?
It has officially been stated that Wii games will be no more than $49.99. Someone with more time can find the link though. :p

I wonder what Far Cry it will be, are there any info on it?
I mean, is it a port of Far Cry PC or a port of Instincts, or an entirely new standalone game?
This is all I could find so far:
In addition, Ubisoft appears committed to avoiding straight ports to Wii. For example, Far Cry will not only incorporate elements from the recently released Far Cry: Instincts Evolution, but additional content alongside its compatibility with the Wii's unique controller.

With the amount of great games, my wallet is going to feel very ill on launch way. (Especially as I'll be on student loans..stupid university grant system)

Back