uninstall hl2?

JiMbOb

Reaction score
Simple question i have searched but to no prevail.

Can i uninstall HL2 and still be able to play counterstrike:source?
Like wise what is needed to play cs:s as thats all i play nowadays so i would like to unistall all the other games that are not needed to play it.

I belive so, go to the properties of HL2 in Steam and select "Delete game content"

uninstalling HL2? we don't like your type around here

Devvo said:
uninstalling HL2? we don't like your type around here

Heh, that South Park

'we don't take kindly to people who don't take kindly around here'

Now wait a minute...he ain't hurting no body...

NO i wanna know something...aint ya HD big enough to contain the mighty balls of HL2? Cs Source is a poor game, how could you, at least keep HL2DM. :rolleyes:

ive played through hl2 twice i think ive got my moneys worth and hl2dm is just too slow paced for me. anyway thanks for the quick reply but are you sure i dont want to be installing it all again?

if you need the space, uninstall whatever you don't need...

if you can afford to keep it on there, keep it on there... simple :p:D

Devvo said:
if you need the space, uninstall whatever you don't need...

if you can afford to keep it on there, keep it on there... simple :p:D
thats what i want to know becuse i believe u need halflife for 1.6 but do u need hl2 installed to play cs:s?

Yeah what he said above will sort it. As long as you don't delete the Counter Strike Source game content files, by right clicking source and deleting that you'll be fine.

edit: you need the source engine files etc, to run source, but not the half life game files e.g. the models and maps. steam will only delete those not needed

JiMbOb said:
ive played through hl2 twice i think ive got my moneys worth and hl2dm is just too slow paced for me.

So counterstrike is now more fast pace than DM game, interesting!

Wow, You guys are hostile against CS:S players and HL2 uninstallers aren't you?

What about the mods... I would think at least some of them may require HL2 model files & things..

THINK ABOUT THE MODS!!

HL2 DM kicks CS Source's ass EVERY time...never before have I had such an intense adrenaline rush as every time I hear...

FFFFTHINK! (crossbow bolt for the n00bs among us)

HL2 DM kicks CS Source's ass EVERY time

HL2DM is just a one-hit-kill spamfest. Be it radiators, crossbows, revolvers, combine balls or rocket launchers theres always someone that comes around the corner with said weapons and one-shots you. I find it gets quite boring after awhile... :hmph:

Now CS:S has its flaws (auto-sniper) but other than that I think its generally alot more fun as it actually requires more than "see person -> aim in general direction -> win".

As for the topic in hand, I have no idea. :D

gobblet said:
HL2DM is just a one-hit-kill spamfest. Be it radiators, crossbows, revolvers, combine balls or rocket launchers theres always someone that comes around the corner with said weapons and one-shots you. I find it gets quite boring after awhile... :hmph:

You can catch radiators (if you're quick enough) , you can avoid crossbow bolts (as long as you keep your dodging reasonable random), combine balls can be dodged OR caught (albeit needing cat like reflexes) and rockets are no good at real close range, you just can't guide them into the person you want to kill, if he's stood right next to you, without creaming yourself. Revolvers are the only thing that should REALLY concern you. Again, you need to learn to dodgerun and keep it reasonably random. It's much harder to achieve AND maintain a good kill/death ratio.

In DM you don't get a chance to breath as you respawn immediately, so you can exact your revenge. In CS Source, you die stupidly and you're stuck waiting for 10 minutes at a time sometimes.

If I just wanted to stare at a screen, I'd go downstairs and watch T.V.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make, is DM is a quick fix adrenaline hit that can actually make you feel knackered even though you aren't moving around.

Oh, and XlucidX, I see you are an apprentice welder.

Welcome to the world of black snot, burnt arms and legs, sweaty summers and the smell of singed hair.

I've been Fabricating/Welding for 12 years now, and trust me, it's not a trade, it's a disease ;-)

If i want mods i only need the sourcemods folder correct? in which case i need all the source files that arnt included in halflife2's actualy file.

Ein bow to The_Wookies will. He's right about DM.

Hey Danimal, I vote you president. You answered a question I posted here a while back, but got no reply.

JiMbOb said:
If i want mods i only need the sourcemods folder correct? in which case i need all the source files that arnt included in halflife2's actualy file.
just get a mod, if it needs anything (hl2 or hl2:dm resources)
steam will download/install it automaticly, it rocks!

Well you might want to hold off on removing HL2 for a bit, I think Sierra are going to be releasing a mission or somthing to that nature where you can download it free from steam, it's going to show you some of their new lighting technology.

psychotoe said:
Well you might want to hold off on removing HL2 for a bit, I think Sierra are going to be releasing a mission or somthing to that nature where you can download it free from steam, it's going to show you some of their new lighting technology.

*VALVe is going to be releasing some new content for HL2 singleplayer, that will be free for everyone that OWNS HL2 via steam, it will show off HDR technology, but you can disable it if your gfx card cannot take it I hear. ;)

Back