Unique problem?

G

Giant

Or is it?
So anyway, I've got a;
Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Hard Drive: 190 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
Monitor: HP vs19 flat panel monitor
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio rear output
With windows XP

And I can actually run the games with no problem, however, on loading the server info for DoD:S, HL2: DM, and Insurgency, It locks up or freezes and after several minutes in this area, it either continues loading, or forces my computer to restart. I dont know why, my temperature is fine, My comp is clean and uninfected, and i havent overclocked my card.

Does anyone know why my computer locks up and/or restarts in that area.

PS; Doesnt happen with CS:S

This has happened to me, too, reinstall the game. If that doesn't work, and you reeeeeeeealy want to play it, you will probobly have to reinstall steam.
(assuming it isn't pirated)
Which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Doubtful, I recently reformatted my computer, which means installation of everything, However, the problem also occurred before the reformat, and the reformat before that.

Got any firewall software?

Have you recently put in any new hardware? I'm having similar problems and I believe it could be down to a new sound card I put in at the end of January. Then again you say you can run CS:S fine, so a hardware conflict would undoubtedly affect every game.

Update your drivers perhaps?

I turn my firewall off before i play, i doubt its my hardware, and my drivers are up to date :p

Back