Unofficial Doom 3 release

Sedako

Chuck Steak
Reaction score
Doom 3 info

I don't know where he got this information, but this thread states that some kind of Deluxe Edition of Doom 3 is set for an August 27th release, and that is will only be playanle on DVD drives. I really don't know how accurate it is, but it does seem a little bogus...

Moved to General Gaming as this doesn't relate to Half-Life 2.

Well... this really sucks. That happens to be the exact day I leave for college. And to make things worse, I don't have a dvd drive. I am really and starting to lothe id. Does anyone know if half-life is CD- or DVD-rom format?

i think both Doom 3 and HL2 will be available in CD format to dude.

Lobster said:
i think both Doom 3 and HL2 will be available in CD format to dude.

Well, that makes me a bit more content. Will there be any differences in the graphical quality between formats?

Don't believe it.

That sounds just stupid. No way would they release a DE eight weeks before the game. That's not the way you make money.

It's just like every other "Official" rumor that has circulated over the past year.

@ Sedako: No, there's no quality difference between DVD and CD versions. It's all the same bits.

Something's fishy about that

It may be true, but I think some facts are askew

I believe ..

A 'standard CD' edition of the game will be available along side the 'deluxe' edition on DVD.

It's the 'standard DVD' edition of the game that isn't going to be available until eight weeks later.

So only those who want a DVD copy without all of the gimmicks will have to wait.

IMO, they'd be crazy to release it the way it was stated in those reports

Sedako said:
Well, that makes me a bit more content. Will there be any differences in the graphical quality between formats?

Not at all, its just data storage, u will need to swap anywhere from 3 - 5 discs dureing install, after that both the DVD or CD will only be used for authentication anyway.

Lobster said:
Not at all, its just data storage, u will need to swap anywhere from 3 - 5 discs dureing install, after that both the DVD or CD will only be used for authentication anyway.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm still wondering why Activision still has no information about Doom 3 on it's site, and neither does id.

Neutrino said:
Don't believe it.

That sounds just stupid. No way would they release a DE eight weeks before the game. That's not the way you make money.

It's just like every other "Official" rumor that has circulated over the past year.

@ Sedako: No, there's no quality difference between DVD and CD versions. It's all the same bits.
Agree and I just added this bit after agreed as original agreed was too short to post.

x84D80Yx said:
you + no dvd drive = owned.

I really really really really need a REAL game news site to confirm/deny this info... its all so confusing because some of the sites reporting seem to be trusted... GNARRR

I don't believe any of this stuff until ID software says that Doom 3 has gone gold. And so far, ID software has not said that Doom 3 has gone gold.

blahblahblah said:
I don't believe any of this stuff until ID software says that Doom 3 has gone gold. And so far, ID software has not said that Doom 3 has gone gold.

Exactly, id software even said to not trust the word unless you hear it directly from them.

Entr0py said:
Exactly, id software even said to not trust the word unless you hear it directly from them.

How exactly will that happen? They rarely update the site.

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
I really really really really need a REAL game news site to confirm/deny this info... its all so confusing because some of the sites reporting seem to be trusted... GNARRR

Don't believe anyone but Id itself. There have been dozens of legitimate sounding rumors floating around about D3.

Sedako said:
How exactly will that happen? They rarely update the site.

Because there hasn't been any reason to update as there has been no actual news in a long time.

Back