Upcoming RTS’ of Interest?

BinaryBanzai

Reaction score
I am simply in love with RTS’, but I find the lack of releases in the genre currently rather disappointing. Does anyone know of an upcoming (or even "next generation") RTS that may be of interest to me or that I have missed? I am a Command and Conquer/Total War/StarCraft fanatic, just for your information.

Supreme Commander
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends

Not sure tbh .... going off-topic slightly, i think this site should have an epileptic warning with avatars like that :imu:

Hereos? Is that some kind of breakfast cereal?

is that a serious question or mocking my bad spelling? :p

xlucidx said:
SW: Empire at War

This is the RTS I'm waiting on. The others including Supreme Commander don't interest me at all.

xlucidx said:
SW: Empire at War

<Gamespot> has a new 2 page hands on preview. It's starting to turn out a bit like something from the Total War series.
That would be Star Wars Total War then. Or Total Star Wars. Or ... ah nm

Shakermaker said:
<Gamespot> has a new 2 page hands on preview. It's starting to turn out a bit like something from the Total War series.
That would be Star Wars Total War then. Or Total Star Wars. Or ... ah nm

I always thought it was going to be like Ground Control, though.

Thanks for that preview, was a nice read. :)

DEATH eVADER said:
Rise of Legends looks interesting. It will also be one of the first RTS' to have full support for the PhysX card
http://www.bighugegames.com/

Ah, the PhysX card! Don't you find it a bit suspect that there is no buzz anymore? I don't think that card will ever hit the mainstream gamer market.

EDIT Yay, 1700 posts! :cheers:

Ah, the PhysX card! Don't you find it a bit suspect that there is no buzz anymore? I don't think that card will ever hit the mainstream gamer market.
Consideing UE3 engine takes advantage of it, and alot of games have licensing it, it will take a lot of the load off the cpu thus giving quite the performance increase.

It's coming in Q1 of 2006.

I'm looking forward to Faces of War and Company of Cheerios-Er, Heroes :)

Dude, no kidding. I have no idea why it is so underhyped! Physics was undoubtedly HL2's most attractive feature when we first saw them in the E3 2003 video. I really can't wait to get one for myself, and see the games that really use it's power. The PS3 has it. Does the 360?

Back