Updating CSS

X

XiroKe

I've just purchased Half Life 2 and Counter Strike Source. Obviously I wanted to check out my new product, so I attempt at starting CSS. This brings up a window and says that CSS will be updating.

My questions are, is this a regular update or is this the entire game ( as I have just purchased and haven't played CSS yet)? And why does the 'update' take so long? Waiting time at the moment is still over 500 minutes and it's already been busy for an hour! And it isn't my connection, I'm sure.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :D

You have to download CS : S completely if you have never played it before. If you have alrady purchased it, that doesn't mean you have the games on your PC, that now enables you to download them :p

I thought so, just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. I'm new to the whole Steam system.

Thanks. :D

My advice, use the time wisely and get practising. It took me about a week to get my first kill. ;) Doing better now though, must be all the new players. :p

I'm going to suck so bad.. The only Counter-Strike I've done recently was on the Xbox! And even that was a few months back..

At least I'll get to check out the rag-doll physics lots of times.

Xiroke here are the basics of CS:

-use headphones and listen for footsteps.
-never use your flashlight.
-short controlled bursts for medium-long range.
-full automatic for CQB.
-strafe, shoot, strafe, shoot, rinse & repeat.
-follow Apone's advice and check those corners.
-don't use your frag grenade in the first thirty seconds of a round.
-don't take point.

That's it :)

Thanks for the advice. :)

I was pretty good at CS on the Xbox.. But then again, the playing style was completely different (I presume).

CB | Para said:
-don't take point.

I always, ALWAYS take point

I dunno, I know Im gonna die, I know I suck I might as well give away some enemy positions while I spam the crap outta the general direction of enemies with my m4/ak.

I enjoy taking point :(

mainly the control scheme is the big difference...aiming and such..at least playwise...basic objectives are the same..I have played both the Xbox and the PC versions many times..it is a good game on the Xbox,but it just doesn't compare..

Somebody's gonna have to take the lead anyway. Otherwise the teams will just stand around in the bases :D But if you rush as a noob, you'll get to the practising of shooting much quicker & you might see the action head-on which is nice mostly :)

Mr. Redundant said:
I always, ALWAYS take point

I dunno, I know Im gonna die, I know I suck I might as well give away some enemy positions while I spam the crap outta the general direction of enemies with my m4/ak.

I enjoy taking point :(

I also take point (best way to get kills IMO), but since it's Xiroke first time on PC, I advised him not to hehe. It's tricky because you always face multiple enemies, this is when smoke grenades and flashbangs come in handy. :)

I played my first matches on CSS this morning, and I have to say.. It's ****ing insane!! :afro: This game is really fantastic.

My results on my first full match were 12 kills and 8 deaths. Not bad for a first time, eh? :)

Back