Upgrade is not balancing the difference ?

mikren

Reaction score
I just tried upgrading from Silver to Gold via ATI voucher and they're still charging me the full $40.00 USD :O

I paid $10.00 for the Silver now shouldn't the Gold be $30.00

Any ideas ?

Yes, as far as I know the "Package Upgrade" system is NOT ready yet... there are still TONS of people trying to get just a package.. so I think Steam is just waiting for it to slow down before offereing the upgrade... and they will proobly offer that around HL2 release

soccerdude21490 said:
Yes, as far as I know the "Package Upgrade" system is NOT ready yet...
Sure it is. Day one I upgraded to Gold for $40 + 10 s/h. They just must have not have made provisions for people who changed their minds.

My only suggestion is to take it up in the Steampowered Forums.

f|uke said:
Sure it is. Day one I upgraded to Gold for $40 + 10 s/h. They just must have not have made provisions for people who changed their minds.

My only suggestion is to take it up in the Steampowered Forums.

$10 shipping and handling? hate to break it to you, but there, uh, shouldn't be shipping and handling cost associated with a download.

SidewinderX said:
$10 shipping and handling? hate to break it to you, but there, uh, shouldn't be shipping and handling cost associated with a download.

there is s/h for the other goodies they send you. ;)

You get the actual cd's through the gold package don't you ?

mikren said:
You get the actual cd's through the gold package don't you ?

no, but you do get the collectors box and some other crap.

BTW last i heard you can NOT upgrade from one package to another, the only "upgrades" are for people who have ATi coupons, they can "upgrade" their package from bronze to silver or gold and only pay the difference.

but someone who already purchased bronze or silver package cannot pay the difference and upgrade to gold (at least not at this point in time)

Are they freaking insane ???

They want $89.00 for the Gold and you don't get cd's ?
Just merchandise ?.....I'll stick with the Silver then. Screw them.

Why do you require the CDs? You can take the downloads and burn them to CD. In fact that's the whole point ... Well, if not having CD's is still a problem for you - buy the retail Collector's Edition!!

EDIT: I thought I'd point out that the CDs have no intrinsic worth: it's entirely legal to make backups for your own personal use only., therefore any backups you make (for your own personal use) should have almost the same 'worth' as the original CDs - which obviously cannot be true. What you *are* paying for when you buy a game is: the sticker on the CD, the data on the CD, and the manufacturing costs of the CD. Surely cutting out two of the three isn't gonna hurt you?
(I realise that's not the easiest arguement to understand)

(Also, HL2 will be on retail DVD only in the UK for those that don't know)

Back