Upgrade or new PC?

Russian Mafia

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
My computer is a year and 7 or so months old. I have not upgraded it since I bought it (Other than Vista). It is getting that time again where new games just don't run as smooth as I would like them to. So, I have 2 options: sell my computer and build a new one or upgrade. (I bought my computer for $2500 and would like to sell it for around $2000) If I should sell it, is there a good site to do it at, or should I go with e-bay? If I should upgrade, what should I do? Let's say the budget is $2000. I want to go up to dual or even quad-core and be up at DX10.

My specs-

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3700+, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Hard Drive: 203 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX
Sound Card: On-board Audio
Operating System: Vista Ultimate 32-bit
Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Premium (939 Socket)

wow you got ripped off on that purchase.....think more like around $1000 selling price.

^what he said, only a moron would buy that for $2000. I'd keep it for the remainder of this year at least but if you can get it off on ebay for $2000...

So, I guess I should put it up on e-bay and see if any would be dumb enough to buy it for a high price?

I actually plan to build it, for the learning experience and so I don't get ripped off again, as oppose to just buying it.

honestly i would just scrap some of the outdated parts and sell them one ebay. keep your 7800gtx(its still a decent card right now) and the harddrive. a better cpu willl do the 7800 well.

Back