Urgent please help me with CSS Music

Conkorg

Reaction score
Hello fellows :)

I love techno music and I have some good trance now..my only problem is playing it in CSS....

How do I play music through console in CSS?

I know if you type in play music/hl2_song31.mp3 it will play one of the tracks

Here are some of the good HL2 tracks you can play while playing CSS

play music/hl2_song31.mp3
play music/hl2_song14.mp3

Basically type in diffrent numbers like 31, 14, and try like 24, 1, 2, 3 etc... Well anyway I know how to play HL2's music but I am having problems playing music from my HD thru the CSS console

Does anyone know how to play music through the CS:S Console ?
my music is located at C:/games
What command/line I have to type in to play music from a specfic directory?

The music commands I have are the ones that are stored in the source sounds.gfc file but I dont want to play music that's in GCF file i want it to play it from hard drive please help thank you!

The only way I currently know how to do that is to put the songs in the "*\counter-strike source\hl2\sound" folder. If you put them in that folder (yes, you'll have to make it manually), you can do the exact same thing, just without the "music" folder added.

Just so you know ahead of time, I've tried using play "....../music/song.mp3" and play "C:\music\song.mp3" with no success, so I'm pretty sure the way I stated is pretty much the only way it'll work. I haven't tried play "file:///C:/music/song.mp3" though, so it's possible that it may work, but I kind of doubt it. :|

Back