Valandil Update

A

Azlan

Valandil is one of a few premiere fantasy mods being created right now. As usual, their media updates are carefully crafted to showcase their strongest skills. Below are screenshots from two new maps that are currently being worked on, as well as skinned player models and skinned weapons.[br][br]To view the rest of the update, please visit their website.

hmmm looks cool, nice work :thumbs: ...

The rebel archer's face looks really messed up. (Crooked eyes, square nose, etc.) Everything else is gorgeous. Nice work!

looks awesome... i hope the melee system is works out well. thats what im looking for

This is looking great, good atmosphere.

The only thing i hope they improve is as mentioned hte archers face and some of the standard grass/rock/cliff textures. Perhaps a few new trees. I really like the concept art as well, real professional stuff.

This is constructive criticism for such a great mod.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

bbyybb said:

The only thing i hope they improve is as mentioned the archers face and some of the standard grass/rock/cliff textures.

I pretty much agree with this comment - but gotta say that it looks great! I am well impressed with the screens that were posted :)

That is someone riding a horse, bottom right screen? Horses are vehicles? This is going to be one awesome mod.

this mod sounds great, hope to see more from them soon.

so many cool mods coming soon! I think my valve dir will take about 300Gb soon :D

Beautiful but.. please upgrade "rebel archer" as well. :)

TrippyG said:
so many cool mods coming soon! I think my valve dir will take about 300Gb soon :D

Not necessarily.

Looks great, except what others have already mentioned. I think modders seem to be too comfortable with using the default textures(or so they just haven't got them done yet, and the mappers wanted to get started).

bbyybb said:

The only thing i hope they improve is as mentioned hte archers face and some of the standard grass/rock/cliff textures. Perhaps a few new trees. I really like the concept art as well, real professional stuff.

This is constructive criticism for such a great mod.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

i never understand crits like that. Some people aren't attractive, and I personally think its ok for artists to represent that in their work. Some people must want all cg models to be idealized perfect porportions and form and bone structure in all game models. not me, I like some diversity..

love the face, don't let people get you down, jsut give him personality to match the way he looks, will be uber

Last I knew, swords were not held straight out infront of you when fighting. Unless the guy's got really strong arms, LOL. :)

Yay!!! New media from my favorite upcoming Half-Life 2 mod! :D
Looks amazing! I also like the fact, that the hold some of it back, and not just show everything off, before it's top-notch.

Thak's for the comments everyone, it's nice to see the community responding in such a positive way.

A couple of things regarding comments by a few people; The Rebel Archer skin will be tweaked to correct the issue with the eyes and regarding the use of HL2 textures, we plan to use 100% custom content by the time the mod is at the release stage so lots of textures will be replaced.

Looks nice. Props are good. Mapping is a tad mixed in quality. The areas lack detail and ambience. Brushwork is also very plain.

Dr. Shim said:
Last I knew, swords were not held straight out infront of you when fighting. Unless the guy's got really strong arms, LOL. :)

heh, that reminds me of when maxx videotaped himself trying to destroy a pallet with a crowbar like in hl2. its amazing how hard that actually is in real life. i bet ol gordons arms must get pretty tired holding up that crowbar for so long too

Swords are obviously held like that for aesthetic/cool reasons. Keep it how it is, we get to see the hilt and blade in all its glory.

Think about every fps game you've ever played, people don't hold grenades in front of themselves with an outstretched arm. It's held like that so you can see the model and the coolness of it.

Looking Hot guys, cant wait. Only crit is screwball keeps making his models cross eyed.

Most of these mods are really looking great. I can't wait till they release. :naughty:

Dr. Shim said:

That's what I thought at first, too. Then I thought "Oh, right. Morrowind."

i just noticed

worst part about this update..........the tavern is on fire :(

someone has no appreciation for beer

Good update!

The characters are great, and the maps are cool. The sky is very nice too, i'm looking forward to this. :)

Looks fantastic! But why does it seem like everybody and his brother is making a multiplayer mod? How about some love for us single player afficionados?

Mountain Man said:
Looks fantastic! But why does it seem like everybody and his brother is making a multiplayer mod? How about some love for us single player afficionados?

This can probably to a great deal be attributed to that playing a single player mod you've made yourself isn't very hot. That and 10 hours of gameplay might seem like too little to many, after having put so much time into making a mod.

singleplayer mods are much more dificult to make then a mp mod, plus theres replayability factor.

I love singleplayer maps, I'll download those before a mp map, cause then noone can see me suck, and i can lie and tell everyone how good i was.

minus the lagg, one map i loved was the antlion troopers map that came out right after the sdk, it was uber hard

Back