Valve Art Auction

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Valve has teamed up with Gamecloud to auction off some concept art that was developed for Half-Life 2. They will auction off two lithographs, one of which is on eBay already, and the money will be donated to The Red Cross for the survivors of the recent natural disasters in the Gulf Coast.[br]
newsspacer.gif
Gamecloud and the developers of Half-Life 2, Valve Corporation, have teamed up to help the American Red Cross in their hurricane relief efforts. Valve has produced 100 limited edition prints of a spectacular piece of art depicting the mechanical takeover of City 17 and the imposing alien citadel that figures prominently in Half-Life 2. The “Combine Wall” print is based on artwork that was made during the production of Half-Life 2 by Art Director Viktor Antonov.[br]While Valve plans to sell prints 2-99 to the public, they have graciously given Gamecloud prints number 1 and number 100, complete with certificates of authenticity, for our American Red Cross eBay auction. Both the certificates and the prints are signed and feature an embossed Half-Life Lambda logo. One hundred percent of the proceeds for the auction will be donated to the American Red Cross to aid hurricane victims.
I hope a lot of money is raised. I know there are people out there who need it more than us.

No one had time to comment I see?

Well, the art's cool... Hopefully some money will be raised...

Man i want to buy those so badly.

That artwork has been my desktop picture for almost 2 years now. It's just so interesting that I can't find myself to replace it.

Wow, it's already going at $610. That's great. :)

There's no way that artwork fits the sytle of "Pop Art".
I'd love to buy it, but I don't believe it's worth more than $100.

For the price they're going at you'd think these were actual originals and not prints. But glad to know they're helping with the relief.

I know it's to help a cause but that a lot of money for a print.

over $1,200 now with 35 bids & 5 days to go. Any one wager a guess at the final price? I reckon somewhere around $6,000

god bless you valve.

best. videogame. company. ever.

if i had the money id buy that, i want it soooo bad

anyone thinks theres a chance theyll make another one for me :D

$2,226.00 just for a printed off piece of art? Are these people insane?
I know it's for a good cause, but all it is, is a print... It's not even the original artwork.

If I was a CEO I'd definitely find a loophole in the budget to purchase one of those for my office.

As I'm a poor student, I'll just have to make do with ARC's desktop image, nice one :)

These bidders do realize that there are 100 more of these posters dont they?

§amW said:
These bidders do realize that there are 100 more of these posters dont they?
99 actually ;) and last one will also be sold at ebay

§amW said:
These bidders do realize that there are 99* more of these posters dont they?
There is a very short and simple two letter answer to that question.

Back