Valve discusses the role of the PC at E3

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
In a recent interview with PCGamer, Doug Lombardi shared his thoughts on bringing the PC to E3, and the possibility of a PC only event. While other consoles have entire shows dedicated to their upcoming lineup, the PC loses out as it has no single representative. Doug discusses the idea of a possible event, exclusive to PC developers.
You know, we’ve talked about that a bit and I think what that looks like, maybe, is us not doing the shock and awe thing at the Galen centre or whatever, vis-a-vie the console guys where you have three thousand people in there and we have to hire some star to make it interesting or we’re going to waste your time for two hours.
Of course everything is still in the preliminary stages of planning, with nothing being concrete yet. The rest of the article discusses the role Steam has played in the evolution of PC gaming, and the effects it's had.

The entire article can be read at PCGamer.

Do you think a PC-only event could work? What developers would you invite? Tell us in the comments!

When Lombardi speaks, another thousand citizens get shipped down the tracks. His breath makes my nutrient solution turn to bile and his gaze short circuits my laser tool.

Sounds like they're going to do something similar to what they had in mind at E3 2010 before switching to the Sony Conference for the "surprise"...

...To hold a more public event at the LA Live Event Center.

They need larger monitors for The Big Picture update. :3

Back