Valve has a much better deal with GOLD package...

Reaction score
Valves Gold Deal Is pretty nice, in fact it just makes getting the CE seem stupid. 90 dollars:
Half Life 2
Counterstrike Source
DOD Source
HL1 Source
HL2 Merchandice (Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve!)
Plus on Steam it now says that you also get the good old ones:
Half-Life
Opposing Force
Ricochet
Day of Defeat
Team Fortress Classic
Deathmatch Classic
Counterstrike
CS:CZ
CS:CZ Deleted Scenes

Not a bad deal. You could et all the old stuff for around 15, plus another 20 for CZ, plus HL2 and all the other Source stuff for quite a bit, and all the merchandise. Your saving quite a bit, especially if you dont have the orignal HL games.

Vivendi's CE deal: (probably 75-80$)
Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirtand a Prima book sampler ..Wow...crap...

Basically Valve is offereing a lot! Its Vivendi thats offering a pretty bad deal. Youd be better off getting the Gold rather than the CE if you want some extras...

Well who makes the CE?
I know Vivendi physically makes it, but who designs what goes in it?
This is a question for valve.....

I remember seeing screenshots of the box designs being made at valve from those that visited the offices. This suggests to me that valve designs what goes into the boxes.

Two things:
If vivendi designs the CE, then valve is being generous with its options and all my anger towards them is completly misguided.
If valve designs the CE, then my anger is justified. As they delibrately made it crap in comparison with the silver and gold.

Yea..its

It's a good deal, until you realize that you don't get a HARD COPY of the game with the Gold package!

Back