Valve Lies

T

TitaniMan™

It's a lie, because they delayed that game a lot of times they just don't want to dissapoint the people (read: make them mad) this time and lied about the whole ripped source code thing. Why the hell do they need more time (6 months !!!!) when the code is ripped, changing the code is bullshit there's no need for doing that... Give me a reason!

Too many reasons to list, try reading one of the many other posts covering these topics.

I agree.

This is a very fishy story, maybe so fans blame some hacker instead of yelling at Valve.

Originally posted by TitaniMan™
Why the hell do they need more time when the code is ripped, Give me a reason!

gee, that's a tough one. ohh yeah because now they need to change it so they can stop ignorant little homotrons from cheating and ruining the game because they thought valve lied.

The level here actually dropped below -273,15 degrees Celsius, which is impossible but you sure pulled it off. Way to go retard.

you obvioulsy have no idea what you're talking about or how long it takes to develope something..

therefore, could you do us all a favor and dont make threads like these..

"gee, that's a tough one. ohh yeah because now they need to change it so they can stop ignorant little homotrons from cheating and ruining the game because they thought valve lied."

Actually, that's not quite it.

An actual release game will be closed source.

So having some pre-release code all they have to do is add a couple line to check to make sure you have a legal copy.

So that answer doesn't quite add up.

Why the hell do they need more time (6 months !!!!) when the code is ripped, changing the code is bullshit there's no need for doing that... Give me a reason!

Well why wouldn't they have to change the code? You seem to be the game developing, marketing and copyright law expert, maybe you can tell us.

EDIT: Forgot to add super-human lie detector who can sense lies without even knowing the circumstances and people involved. I wish I had that kind of ability.

And btw? I made a post just like this. Except mine was more elaborate, and well thought out. But it was deleted? Are we aiming for a younger more dumbed down style of topics Mods?

Originally posted by Gilgamesh
"gee, that's a tough one. ohh yeah because now they need to change it so they can stop ignorant little homotrons from cheating and ruining the game because they thought valve lied."

Actually, that's not quite it.

An actual release game will be closed source.

So having some pre-release code all they have to do is add a couple line to check to make sure you have a legal copy.

So that answer doesn't quite add up.

So you are saying that kids won't be able to use the code to find out where certain memory is allocated and make a cheat for it? they have to change alot of code now. And now we may have even more cheats in hl-2 because of ignorant kids who belive that valve lies and valve is evil omfgiez!1

"Well why wouldn't they have to change the code?"

Very simple.

They need not change the code cause there would be no way to hack the retail version of the code.

The only thing they need to do is add some code to ensure that you are playing the actual retail copy.

"So you are saying that kids won't be able to use the code to find out where certain memory is allocated and make a cheat for it? they have to change alot of code now."

then it's quite clear that 100% of the code was stolen.

But cheats will be made regardless, so again, I agree with the thread starter.

"Well why wouldn't they have to change the code?"

Very simple.

They need not change the code cause there would be no way to hack the retail version of the code.

The only thing they need to do is add some code to ensure that you are playing the actual retail copy.

That is irrelevant. The issue isnt using a hacked exe, they are talking about external hacks.

they stole a third of the code, so it takes them 6 months to change that part??

Considering Vaslve has yet to say a single word about how long it will take, your arguement holds no water.

"That is irrelevant. The issue isnt using a hacked exe, they are talking about external hacks."

And how will that really affect the actual retail game?

It simply won't.

"That is irrelevant. The issue isnt using a hacked exe, they are talking about external hacks."

And how will that really affect the actual retail game?

It simply won't.

How exactly do you figure that?

Explain.

they stole a third of the code, so it takes them 6 months to change that part??

have you ever coded anything in your life?

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
Argh!

Give up guys its like argueing with a brick wall

You're right. I give up.

Conspiracy theorists wont listen to logic.

First you have to admit, to change some of the Online Code and taking 6 months to do it is ridiculous.

(This game was not going to make it by XMas anyway.)

Second, cheating can and usually is stopped by patches, which will be released regardless, thus hacking will occur anyway.

And if you are smart with running an online game, like Counter Stirke typically is, you don't allow cheats to begin with.

First you have to admit, to change some of the Online Code and taking 6 months to do it is ridiculous.

Second, cheating can and usually is stopped by patches, which will be released regardless, thus hacking will occur anyway.

And if you are smart with running an online game, like Counter Stirke typically is, you don't allow cheats to begin with.

Yes exactly!

if they release it now...i wont be wall hacks or those sort of thing
its gonna be "take over your computer & steal your source code" kind of hacks

what is that?

That question speaks volumes.

How can you talk about source code like you know all about it and not know what a buffer overflow is?

uhhh, did I said im a coder?
NO!
But what I do know is that it don't need to take 6 months to change the code! Think about it! The game isn't finished at all...

You don't seem to understand that a game that has a released source code can have much more sophistocated cheating. Which are very deep into the source and are much harder to define and fight rather than normal cheats made with the SDK. The cheats (or rather talk about exploits here) can be much more serious, you can **** up the game of the opponent, retrieve sensitive data etc. The possibilites are (unfortunately) endless.

"The cheats (or rather talk about exploits here) can be much more serious, you can **** up the game of the opponent, retrieve sensitive data etc. The possibilites are (unfortunately) endless."

Again nothing one could not otherwise do.

There were always going to be cheats made for this game, just not b4 it was officially released :(

Back