Vampire The Masquerade:Bloodlines

Well, as you know already, it will be heavy on RPG elements, coming from Troika. I am excited, loved Fallout, Arcanum and ToEE, so I don't think Troika can screw up with this one. As for the game you mentioned above, very good and original game. You start in the medieval settings, and with progress of the game time changes, so you end up in future. Never played it, can’t find it anywhere, but if you are RPG fan, go for it.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Well, as you know already, it will be heavy on RPG elements, coming from Troika. I am excited, loved Fallout, Arcanum and ToEE, so I don't think Troika can screw up with this one. As for the game you mentioned above, very good and original game. You start in the medieval settings, and with progress of the game time changes, so you end up in future. Never played it, can’t find it anywhere, but if you are RPG fan, go for it.
Alright cool thanks. gamestop.com has it down for 10 bucks! yiikes! I saw it up at Frys so if your by one of those you might be able to pick it up. I know i will once i go to get MP2! Ahhh such gaming blisss. Anyone know if it has any editing tools?

Originally posted by mchammer75040
Alright cool thanks. gamestop.com has it down for 10 bucks! yiikes! I saw it up at Frys so if your by one of those you might be able to pick it up. I know i will once i go to get MP2! Ahhh such gaming blisss. Anyone know if it has any editing tools?
My guess, Valve wants to keep Source editing to Halflife2 :)

Originally posted by dawdler
My guess, Valve wants to keep Source editing to Halflife2 :)
Huh? No i meant redemtion. But nevermind i found out it does have level editing or whatever. Bloodlines should have editing and such its only logical since thats what most pc games come with otherwise it dies off to quickly.

Huh? No i meant redemtion. But nevermind i found out it does have level editing or whatever. Bloodlines should have editing and such its only logical since thats what most pc games come with otherwise it dies off to quickly.
I know that, what I was saying is that bloodlines is using the Halflife2 engine. Valve probably dont want everyone to mod every official Source game there (at least not this close to HL2 release) is, they probably want to focus it on just HL2. More sales for them :)

Whoa couldnt reply there for some reason. Anyway i can see what your saying but isnt that up to the developer on what they do with the engine once they get the license or whatever? Im pretty sure every game that uses the unreal engine is editable and moddable. So you would think its the same way with source.

Whoa couldnt reply there for some reason. Anyway i can see what your saying but isnt that up to the developer on what they do with the engine once they get the license or whatever? Im pretty sure every game that uses the unreal engine is editable and moddable. So you would think its the same way with source.
True, but we are talking very dodgy dates here. This isnt a game that will come out a year or more after the original. We still dont know when HL2 will come out... I can bet you they DEFINETLY dont want Source to be modded first on anything other than HL2 :)

And I'm not talking map editing, I'm talking SDK, a mapeditor shouldnt be a problem.

Edit: If I was Valve I would actually add this in the license agreement, no SDK for any Source game except HL2 until it has "aged"... Of course, I havent got a clue. I'm just speaking with money in mind, and that's usually what devs do too :)

Good point...now to the unknown frontier..ive heard much about it but have never had the courage to voyage into it til now...they call it "sleep"...later all...

Back