Video Art

Reaction score
The picture with gordon and alyx at the beginning of the picture. i can't really make it out but it looks like gordon is holding those things. the things from hl1 that look like this :cat: nope like this: :bounce: and they go around and bite people till they explode. or it could be a alien spore thing. :frog:

They're the pheremone grenade things, for luring around Ant Lions.

I have to agree, looks like the pheremone grenades.

That same art was used for the cover of one of the gaming mags. It's the pheromone, or something that looks exactly like it.

theres 2 little arms hanging out from his hand, that green thing on the tops is the eye. it's a snark !

It definately is the pheremone grenades, the same picture is in PC Zone and you can see him holding it very clearly.

EDIT: and there's no green on it, nor are there arms. Get some glasses man. :p

gordon took mine. and yes it has been comfirmed by nabe gewell that it is in fact a snark :D

so, does any one have that actual image as a picture? i found it very intrigueing ;)

if i would have said it was a spore, everybody would have said it was a snark bah -_-

Stop being stubborn, it's not a snark, it's a pheromone grenade. I've got the artwork here @ 950 x 1300 (PC Zone scan) and it's clear that it's nothing that looks like a snark.

You bloody peon. Look at the attachment and then tell me it's a snark :E

Its not a snark, its the concept art work on the front of pczone... Its the pheronome gren.

Note to self : Further comments about shocking HL2 graphics from Valved-Ray will now be totally ignored. Evidence of severe optical problems has reduced credibility of person in question.

it's a snark on disguise
or maybe possibly a snark in it's egg that's about to be hatched :D...
only reason it looks like a pheronome is because all alien ball things look alike.

Back