Video card question

crownest

Reaction score
Looking at the 6800 vs X800 benchmarks, it seems that even the FX 5950 Ultra is losing out, getting only 38 fps with AA + AF. I have FX 5700 Ultra 128MB, will performance be as good as the 5950? I dont play with AA nor AF. Do i need something like a Radeon 9800 pro? I just upgraded from a GeForce 4 MX 440 SE 64MB last mid-october and dont want to upgrade so soon.

I dont want to wait so long for a game and after suffering all the delays and get a game which has crappy performance.

Wrong forum. :)

[EDIT]: Oh wait, you're talking about Half-Life 2 performance?

You cant play without AA and AF.

Video games are like women, graphics are everything.

I play without it...

I had a girlfriend that was pretty good looking, but not the best. :)

So i guess now your single that means you do play with it....

Im talking about how well it would run on my FX 5700 Ultra guys.......

I've seen tests of the fx cards on the beta, even a softmoded 9800se can get better fps.

The FX 5700 is a great card when there isn't a lot of work to do. (Most DX7,DX8 content).
It will stumble when it tries to run anything with a decent amount of shader code though. (DX9 games).
A 9800Pro would be an overall improvement in most games and a big improvement in HL2, Farcry and similar games. 'Is it worth the money' is the question you have to ask yourself. Personally, I would wait until I had enough money for a 6800GT or X800Pro.

Benchmarks
Note: The FX cards are detected and used as DX8 cards in this FarCry benchmark.

Asus said:
The FX 5700 is a great card when there isn't a lot of work to do. (Most DX7,DX8 content).
It will stumble when it tries to run anything with a decent amount of shader code though. (DX9 games).
A 9800Pro would be an overall improvement in most games and a big improvement in HL2, Farcry and similar games. 'Is it worth the money' is the question you have to ask yourself. Personally, I would wait until I had enough money for a 6800GT or X800Pro.

Benchmarks
Note: The FX cards are detected and used as DX8 cards in this FarCry benchmark.

How is it possible you get 6550 for 3dMark03 when I have better memory, and the same card? Look at this: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1992743

And that's when I OC'd my video card! What the heck.

SubKamran said:
How is it possible you get 6550 for 3dMark03 when I have better memory, and the same card? Look at this: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1992743

And that's when I OC'd my video card! What the heck.
Did you read the specs in the System Configurations from the 3Dmark2k3 webpage?
It was OCed. :cheers:

My system memory was probably at 191Mhz (382) running 2-2-2-5 timings.

Asus said:
Did you read the specs in the System Configurations from the 3Dmark2k3 webpage?
It was OCed. :cheers:

My card died above 378. :(

SubKamran said:
My card died above 378. :(
Oh, Mine can actually go higher but I do have solid case cooling which blows right on the card from the front.
I just set it to the exact speeds of a 9800XT and benchmarked from there.

Asus said:
Oh, Mine can actually go higher but I do have solid case cooling which blows right on the card from the front.
I just set it to the exact speeds of a 9800XT and benchmarked from there.

Mine too, but that didn't help, it was cool but I got artifacts, and once it just froze on it.

I hope it'll run pretty good on my Geforce Fx5600.

So should i upgrade to a 9800 Pro? Or just stay with my FX 5700 Ultra?

I am getting the X800 XT Platinum edition. Currently I have a Geforce 4 and it's not bad, it suits me well. I'm just building a new computer and I thought getting the best stuff would be best than to buy cheap.

Back