Video Game Gifts for the Obscenely Rich

Just wait until you see the price tag on the PS3.

CRRRAZY BREAD

But no Bang & Olufsen Beolab 5 ? D:

2500W speakers, babeh

Holographic screens? I didn't even know that existed :O

Xaxor said:
Just wait until you see the price tag on the PS3.
Haha, yeah ~$399. I'm not too worried.

Insano said:
Holographic screens? I didn't even know that existed
They don't. Its just a rear-projection screen hidden in a sheet of glass. Still very cool stuff though.

Ridiculous spending to equal the ridiculous incomes these guys have. There is no excuse for making that kind of money for the actual work they put in. None of these CEOs can justify their bloated salaries IMHO. They get tons of money and then still go and do stuff like this.

anyone who would buy a diamond covered laptop needs a severe beating ...that alone could feed hundreds

So could the money I put into my computer. :D Doesn't mean I'm the devil though.

I'll allow rich people their excessive quirks (god knows I'd probably have one or two totally ridiculous things) as long as they don't over-do it.

Direwolf said:
So could the money I put into my computer. :D Doesn't mean I'm the devil though.

sure it does ;)

but you didnt drop $300,000 on one computer

Direwolf said:
I'll allow rich people their excessive quirks (god knows I'd probably have one or two totally ridiculous things) as long as they don't over-do it.

this is overdoing it ...maybe it's cuz I'm older than the majority of you but in my lifetime I've seen a huge widening gap between the haves and have nots ...I mean from the low end of the scale where they couldnt get a scrap of food if they wanted to, to celebrities that spend more on flowers in a month than the average western wage earner makes in a lifetime ..it's just getting absolutely rediculous

Meryll Lynch estimates the 360 could be half the price of the PS3 by the end of 2006... whatever that means. :p

I can understand buying a nice house(s) and nice car(s) if you have money becuase they are functional but when you buy a diamond studded laptop thats just ****in stupid dude. that PC is going to get you killed. and if it doesn't ... it will be obsolete in a few years anyway.. and, and.. you wouldn't want to bring that thing out and bang it up with diamonds coming lose!

buying a 90 foot TV is understandable but buying a $10,000 shower curtain is just ****ing stupid.

What a waste

/disgruntled

If you have the money why not? Id be the 1st to blow all that cash.

CptStern said:
anyone who would buy a diamond covered laptop needs a severe beating ...
Seconded.

Raziel-JCD said:
Because it's f*cking retarded. It's absolutely grotesque. People who decide that things like this are a good way to spend money shouldn't be allowed to have the amount of money they do.
Where's Solaris when you need him>?

Raziel-Jcd said:

oh I dont know, cuz we're all living on this putrid cesspool of a rock together? Look at Bill gates ..he's donated more money than any other person in the world ..and not AMOUNT but percentage

he just recently gave $33 million to set up a scholarship for law students that will give 5 students a year (for 80 years) an education they couldnt otherwise afford. Spending money isnt wrong when you've earned it but take Paris Hilton for example could anyone in their right mind say she deserves what she has more than say this person ...and I'm not even asking them to give up their wealth but for gods sakes there definately something wrong with society if that boy and paris hilton can co-exist

it just utterly sickens me how selfish some people are (not meaning you Raziel-Jcd)

If i was that rich, i wouldn't play videogames. I would be able to afford drugs.

And on top of all that, it's so damned tacky. I mean, fabulous!

I agree with Stern. That degree of excess is pretty sickening. Those "holographic" tvs are pretty cool, though...

HOLY CRAPONABIGBLOODYSTICK

The University Of Portsmouth has an Oculas in the Buckingham building. I've sat in it. Apparently some of the students made the prototype thats in that building......

Hmmmmm I will have to investigate.

-EDIT-

Done some digging and so far, this is the nearest thing to a reliable source I have.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-OCULAS-G5...QitemZ8721249836QQcategoryZ4607QQcmdZViewItem

Not very reliable I know but I'll keep digging.

Thanks Stern, I was gonna make a similar post. This time of year really sickens me, I have a genuine, tremendous hate for Xmas.

I work in Asda (owned by Walmart since 1999 for anyone outside the UK), and every day I see selfish, obese people coming in and buying £100000's worth of unneccessary crap. Crap like huge tins (2.2kg! :O ) of sweets, multiple boxes of sweets/biscuits, decorations which for the most part will be binned by 2006 (£2.47 per metre of tinsel) and many other items of self-indulgence.

I do not want to sound anti-christian, because I am not anti-religious at all. I try not to insult anyone because of their religion (although I am an Atheist myself).

However, I would estimate that 95% of these people go to church less than a couple of times a year, and probably never go for a regular service on a sunday. Extremely hypocritical.

Anyway, I wish people would boycott spending stupid amounts on their Xmas celebrations, and give the money to others who really need it. Unfortunately, this will never, ever happen ;(

Yeah, I agree. And being anti-religious isn't nearly as bad as people in America make it out to be (right, Absinthe?)

Back