video nasties

BlackWolfdrk

Reaction score
Hi all i really love horror films and am a big collector and video nasties are the best, but unfortunately i live in England where the censors can go over the top sometimes, but they are getting more forgiven. anyway ive bought all the uncut video nasties on dvd available in england (im keeping away from the cut ones)
and want to get more so i was hoping to import some from America but just before i do i just want to make sure that it is legal to import dvds of films that have been banned or cut over here in good old England.

thanks to anybody who can clear this for me

video nasties are the official 39 banned horror films in the 80s which were considered ubscene for the public to view but are finally rising from the grave again

It's legal to import them, however.. there are region lockouts for different countries, they're not hard to get past, but if you don't know how then I would recommend reading up on the subject ahead of time

ive imported normal films on dvd fine just never ones that are banned or cut in England and wernt sure if there was a law on importing these uncut films.

banned movies? snuff films? or films like "Lolita"?

CptStern said:
banned movies? snuff films? or films like "Lolita"?

banned movies as in the 39 video nasties horror films of the 70 and 80s that were classified as to horrible there the worst of the horror films at the time

any titles north american audiences might know?

Hey I've seen some Sci-Fi films that ought to have been banned, on quality grounds.

The 7th Planet was sooo bad it hurt to watch it.

heres the list/
absurd/
anthropophagous the beast/
axe/
the beast in heat/
blood bath/
blood feast/
bloody moon/
bloody rites/
the burning/
cannibal apocalypse/
cannibal ferox/
cannibal holocaust/
the cannibal man/
the devil hunter/
dont go in the woods...alone/
the driller killer/
evilspeak/
expose/
faces of death/
fight for your life/
flesh for frankenstein/
forest of fear/
gestapos last orgy/
the house by the cemetery/
house on the edge of the park/
i spit on your grave/
island of death/
the last house on the left/
love camp 7/
madhouse/
mardi gras massacre/
night of the bloody apes/
night of the demon/
nightmares in a damaged brain/
snuff/
ss experiment camp/
tenebrae/
the werewolf and the yeti/
zombie flesh eaters/

some are uncut here in England but most are cut

Sounds like good wholesome family viewing to me.

'gestapos last orgy'...I dont want to know :)

lol..

"gestapos last orgy" and "the werewolf and the yeti"

O NOS!

Farrowlesparrow said:
Sounds like good wholesome family viewing to me.

'gestapos last orgy'...I dont want to know :)

lol yeah some are pretty strange but their all great in there own way

at least one of them is a snuff film (alleged) other are pure crappy crapola...."the last house on the left", that was banned? man I've seen some episodes of Mash that are bloodier than that movie

oooohhh I saw driller killer when I was a kid...heh what a terrible movie that was, every scene was so dark you could barely tell what was going on. Most of those movies today are valued for their unintentional comedic relief, not their gory scenes.

BlackWolfdrk said:
the film snuff is not actually a snuff film that was just a romour

no not "Snuff"...I was referring to "I spit on your grave"...that was rumoured to be snuff...hell I remember when they took it off the shelves here in canada

i spit on your grave is not a snuff and is available in america uncut but not here in england we have to have it cut the reason it was said to be a snuff was because it had the most realistic gore

Why don't you just get em off the internet *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*. By um amazon.com is what I meant of course.

Pressure said:
Why don't you just get em off the internet *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*. By um amazon.com is what I meant of course.

;) :naughty: lol

Haha..."I Spit On You Grave" isn't even in the adult section of the store where I go. :D I always see it on the shelf and it looks awful.

Direwolf said:
Haha..."I Spit On You Grave" isn't even in the adult section of the store where I go. :D I always see it on the shelf and it looks awful.

what do u mean awful, awaful as in crap or awful as in gorey and evil

I have Cannibal Holocaust and I was in the process of getting Cannibal Ferox before the place that sold em closed down.

Back