Visual Studio .NET won't open "Game_SDK.sln"

K

Kobnar

I have MS Visual Studio .NET 2002 and whenever I try to open the "Game_SDK.sln" it tells me:

"The selected file is not a valid Visual Studio solution file."

This is really starting to frustrate me because I want to start modding :( . If anyone can help that'd be awsome.

Completely uninstall Visual Studio and re-install it with all C++ options on. That should work.

damn... didnt' work... I installed EVERYTHING that came with it and even went to microsoft to get the updates.... still didn't work. Is there another program I can use to mod HL2? I'm total noob with game modding.

Umm I know it comes with a version of Visual C++ or something licenced to Valve. Make a mod (HL2, or DM Mod) and goto the mod folder and run run_studiomdl.bat.

Find a 7.1 soloution converter to 7.0 convert.

Tired.

I had the same problem as Kobnar but that ws a long time ago,so I gived it up.

I had the same problem. "Visual Studio .net" is different than "Visual C++ .net 2003". I even tried to get the new free Visual C++ 8.0 but it has "stricter" compiling rules that cause the current SDK to not build. I ended up ordering "Visual Studio C++ .net 2003" from amazon for 80 bucks.

BTW. Visual Studio .net worked fine before the latest SDK update. If you look inside your .sln file from before the update you see "version 7.0". After the update, it says "Version 8.0"

woah.. thanks for the link! it fixed the problem! thanks so much! SCORE! ... ... ... now I can start learning how to mod :).

Back