Vivendi hires Pay-to-Play Service Portal Software

i wouldnt jump to discount the potential of vivendi to cash in on the large user base of half life.

i doubt it.
but if they do, oh man i'll never be playing hl2 multiplayer.

unless they are hosting their own damn servers with oc12 connections on dual p4 3.2's with 2gb 3700ram.

valve wont get a f*cking dime from me for pay-to-play HL2 multiplayer

I have emails out to both companies. We're waiting anxiously for clarity on this issue.

Originally posted by Non-Sequitur
Its things like this that make piracy so rampant.

ur only looking at one side of the coin. piracy is what makes things like this have to come into effect.

maybe its more likely they're doing this for world of warcraft, as vivendi also owns blizzard?

It's just a billing method, it might apply to people who subscribe to Steam but that's about it.

has chosen Portal's billing solution as the critical billing service for its online massively multi-player (OLMMP) games

HL2 is NOT massively multi-player. End of stupid discussion.

pay to pay is gay like a fox!

no money here Valve, move on.

Man Valve is flushing down the toilet lately, get a grip. Don't they know if they do this it will end hl2 for good?

well if it was to end up pay to play i would cancel my pre order staright away.
i do not consider buying a game and then paying through the nose every time i want to play it in any way acceptable

Originally posted by Ahnteis
HL2 is NOT massively multi-player. End of stupid discussion.

And why wouldn't it be a massivive multi-player ?????

If this is even remotely true, I'll take a nap on a bed of nails. Yay for useless news speculation.

Back