vivendi just lost vs valve

Reaction score
vivendi just lost vs valve ( spec )

since VUG released CS:CZ to cybercafés wich Valve said was illegal now they want to hit VUG back and release just CS:s.. because now the scores would be ''even''. and the judge cant complain this way.

now all the people that are actually buying hl2 via VALVe meaning that VUG will see their proffits go down really fast, because there are alot of impatient people out there!.

VUG will be forced to announce hl2 - gold status.
and ship the game world wide. fast as possible or they wont even be able to compensate theire revenues slump..

they are just teasing eachother.. sounds logical huh.

Huh? When did Vu release Cs:s beta to cefes? Valve did that they made a open beta for cefe program owners Cs:cz and ati voucher peeps.

You may want to rephrase your thread title pal - it sounds as if VU lost to Valve in the summary judgment hearing when nothing of the sort has happened as yet.

You're gonna get :flame: for passing off speculation as fact.

WTF?

You shocked me with the title. Don't use a wrong title, it's not cool. You have no proof they've lost, except your own assumption.

lans said:
WTF?

You shocked me with the title. Don't use a wrong title, it's not cool. You have no proof they've lost, except your own assumption.

My point exactly :thumbs: - his post is conjecture nothing more.

Raziel-Jcd said:
Huh? When did Vu release Cs:s beta to cefes? Valve did that they made a open beta for cefe program owners Cs:cz and ati voucher peeps.

they said that trial case.. i might want to look it up.
counter claims ... remember

Wasn't that Sierra(now, only as name, a part of VUG), who released CS?

Why does everyone still assume Vivendi are holding HL2 back? For all you know, it's still in RC testing.

Not CS:S to the cafes, it was CS:CZ that was released to the cafes.

whut?

methinks I've missed something.

Valve are probably releasing CS:S immediately because they can, they own it (including IP) not Vivendi so they can set the release date. This also rather cunningly encourages people to buy over Steam with is a nice side-effect. Valve cannot actually release HL2 over Steam until VUG ship it retail. I see what you mean about losing sales because people want to play CS:S straight away, but I doubt VUG are holding back on HL2 anyway.

no actually Valve is the one who is maniplulating. Vivendi cant do anything. but everyone thinks Valve's innocent.

KagePrototype said:
Why does everyone still assume Vivendi are holding HL2 back? For all you know, it's still in RC testing.

Thats hard to believe. There is no way its still being tested.

Wilco said:
whut?

methinks I've missed something.

Valve are probably releasing CS:S immediately because they can, they own it (including IP) not Vivendi so they can set the release date. This also rather cunningly encourages people to buy over Steam with is a nice side-effect. Valve cannot actually release HL2 over Steam until VUG ship it retail. I see what you mean about losing sales because people want to play CS:S straight away, but I doubt VUG are holding back on HL2 anyway.

Valve is just forcing Vivendi on another way now.. and its a damned good way too

Raziel-Jcd said:
Thats hard to believe. There is no way its still being tested.

It's only been just under a month, for three games. Sounds feasible to me.

KagePrototype said:
It's only been just under a month, for three games. Sounds feasible to me.

CS:S isnt even to be tested by Vivendi they dont even want to test it.. concidering lawsuit circumstances.. and it had an in game bug report button didnt it..

no.. its just marketing skills now somehow.. Vivendi must admit or they will go bankrupt.

Why...WHY...WHYY must we reiterate what we've all known a billion times in different wording....

It's amazing how everybody suddenly becomes an expert on business-laws in these threads. I'm sorry but Vivendi will not go bankrupt, VUG has a lot more going on than just HL² you know. :|

CloSe2InSaNitY said:
CS:S isnt even to be tested by Vivendi they dont even want to test it.. concidering lawsuit circumstances.. and it had an in game bug report button didnt it...

I really doubt we found all the bugs. :) There was a CS:S update after the RC was sent, so that goes to show there were still bugs to be found. And if they didn't want to test it, why did Valve send them an RC for CS:S?

CB | Para said:
It's amazing how everybody suddenly becomes an expert on business-laws in these threads. I'm sorry but Vivendi will not go bankrupt, VUG has a lot more going on than just HL² you know. :|

Agreed.

CB | Para said:

CB said:
Don't quote me!

Yeah its like saying a dollar store would go bankrupt if it lost its neon glow pens or lanyards.

CB | Para said:

its very interesting that some poeple always want to flame peoples opinions. but when they have to make statement themselves they'd rather run away and cry.

wake up and smell the ashes bitch

CloSe2InSaNitY said:

Is this spilling over from another thread? Did I miss something? Anyway I think VUG is going to and already has taken a hit from this delay. We can only hope VALVe comes out on top so we can look forward to more content in the future.
:burp:

CloSe2InSaNitY said:
its very interesting that some poeple always want to flame peoples opinions. but when they have to make statement themselves they'd rather run away and cry.

And it's also interesting when people talk out of their asses.

Oh, look! You're doing it just now!

CloSe2InSaNitY said:

Alright... moving on! :LOL:

Something went terribly wrong somewhere in this thread.

Let's just hope CS:S comes out this week after all.

CloSe2InSaNitY said:
CS:S isnt even to be tested by Vivendi they dont even want to test it.. concidering lawsuit circumstances.. and it had an in game bug report button didnt it..

Where did you get this info?

It's false...

If vu is so worried why have they not announced gold status yet?

like someone said does VU have any rights whatsoever over Counter-Strike Source at all?

Because i reckon that if its to be released then obviously they woudn't, because i don't think Valve would just release it to become even (makes it sound like a childrens fight).

This further more tells me that there is obvioulsy a HL2 multiplayer that has not been mentioned, because i mean Valve stated back along time ago that they were not going to disclose anything about it. Therefore maybe the game reviewers were also not aware when they reviewed the game?? Or did they test a RC of Valves or something?? Because i mean they could of added a multiplayer version which they sent to VU.

I'm only being optimistic as i just can't believe that the big suprise was cs:source when really was anyone suprised?

VU will lose out, but they will still sell way more copies at retail than Valve will with Steam. At least over the long run.

Back