Vivendi promotion gears in motion?

alehm

Reaction score
Now, for those who want to flame me for saying stuff without proof, go for it I have a thick skin. Not that what I am about to say really has much importance anyway.

My brother-in-law has a good contact with Universal Music Group (UMG) through his place of employment and she has always told him if he wanted something to ask her.... well he found out UMG owns Vivendi so he emailed her asking if she knew anything about a game called Half Life 2.

She responded by saying...
OH YEAH, that is the big hype here. There are posters, banners, cups, mugs, hats everywhere.
> I am in charge of all the marketing of the game. Do you want an hat or something?
> Let me know and I will get it for you.

:thumbs:

He is going for the gold and asking for the game itself.. but I am going to try to get a mug out of him (with all the coffee I drink it would be useful).

Anyway, take it for what it's worth. It's better than bad news.

:D

Ooo sounds cool... But I bet shes just ****ing with him.

Hey thats good to hear!

If it isn't too difficult or overly expensive then I will definately be buying one of the mugs.

hmm..... i dunno why, but i buy it... it seems a bit more realistic then others... "omfg my dad's brothers friend owns EB games, and hl2 is here!"

SilentKilla said:
sweet. sounds true :)
Actually it's not. My mom works for UMG and just fired somebody for wasting company time by claiming to be a marketing director and sending out emails with false information about various products. You can trust me on this. My mom wouldn't lie.

it sounds more than likely to be true, as the (estimated) release date draws near id expect these kind of things to be going on :)

Mountain Man said:
Actually it's not. My mom works for UMG and just fired somebody for wasting company time by claiming to be a marketing director and sending out emails with false information about various products. You can trust me on this. My mom wouldn't lie.
Yeah... Right ;) Good job there. It sounded almost plausible there for a second :p

Alec_85 said:
Yeah... Right ;) Good job there. It sounded almost plausible there for a second :p
Exactly. Anything can sound plausible if it's written correctly. That's why I put little stock in these "friend of a friend" rumors.

Mountain Man said:
Your mom might not lie.. but would you? :imu:

Have him tell her that he thinks it'd be a huge PR boost if she got all the HL2.net forum people some free promo gear... starting with me of course.

Mountain Man said:
Exactly. Anything can sound plausible if it's written correctly. That's why I put little stock in these "friend of a friend" rumors.
True. But I don't think I've seen a "My Brother-in-law..." before. At least we can give him credit for being original :E :thumbs:

Sounds good even tho right about now i would like to hear. HL2 IS RELEASED.

alehm said:
[...] well he found out UMG owns Vivendi [...]
Seems more likely that Vivendi owns UMG. Just a bit of an inconsistency there.

Not that I believe this person is "in charge of all the marketing of the game", anyway. That's something we could look up, if we're bored.

[edit]: Just re-read the original post; why would someone at UMG be in charge of all marketing of a VUGames product? This seems mighty phony.

Right, first off - this is more than likely true -

1. IF he was B/s'ing why not say works for vivendi or whatever
2. You know what these dumb PR Whores are like -

alehm said:
Now, for those who want to flame me for saying stuff without proof, go for it I have a thick skin. Not that what I am about to say really has much importance anyway.

My brother-in-law has a good contact with Universal Music Group (UMG) through his place of employment and she has always told him if he wanted something to ask her.... well he found out UMG owns Vivendi so he emailed her asking if she knew anything about a game called Half Life 2.

She responded by saying...

:thumbs:

He is going for the gold and asking for the game itself.. but I am going to try to get a mug out of him (with all the coffee I drink it would be useful).

Anyway, take it for what it's worth. It's better than bad news.

:D
Take a picture of a mug, if you get one... not that I don't believe you ;)

My aunt is conjoined to gabe newall and he said HL2 is delayed.

Phosis said:
My aunt is conjoined to gabe newall and he said HL2 is delayed.

:imu: I read about that 2 hours ago amazing huh? :imu:

soul said:
Have him tell her that he thinks it'd be a huge PR boost if she got all the HL2.net forum people some free promo gear... starting with me of course.
with your whole 8 posts :)

rkef said:
Seems more likely that Vivendi owns UMG. Just a bit of an inconsistency there.

Not that I believe this person is "in charge of all the marketing of the game", anyway. That's something we could look up, if we're bored.

[edit]: Just re-read the original post; why would someone at UMG be in charge of all marketing of a VUGames product? This seems mighty phony.

Here is the email correspondance:

Subject: How are things there?
>
> I was wondering if you could answer an question. Do you know who Vivendi Universal is?

I am great here! They are keeping me busy. Yes, we own that company. They produce movies and games.
> Why you ask?

Well I wondering about a game called Half-Life 2, have you heard of it?

OH YEAH, that is the big hype here. There are posters, banners, cups, mugs, hats everywhere.
> I am in charge of all the marketing of the game. Do you want an hat or something?
> Let me know and I will get it for you.
> Becky

If we score a promotional item of some sort I'll post a pic of it.

alehm said:

Ask about a release date!

alehm said:

I call Shenanigans. . . and lots of them in this so-called post.

I don't care if you get a mug. . .I want a mug. .

Um why would someone working at a record label be in charge of marketing a game?

Sheesh you people are blinded by lust! hehe

Edge said:
Um why would someone working at a record label be in charge of marketing a game?

Sheesh you people are blinded by lust! hehe

alehm said:
Now, for those who want to flame me for saying stuff without proof, go for it.

You have his blessing ;)

Actually I would rather flame the people who believe these claims :)

Edge said:
Actually I would rather flame the people who believe these claims :)

To be honest I don't see why alehm would make up such a thing, he's around longer than most of us. I believe him because he's got credibility and we should give him the benefit of the doubt. That's all :)

CB | Para said:
To be honest I don't see why alehm would make up such a thing, he's around longer than most of us. I believe him because he's got credibility and we should give him the benefit of the doubt. That's all :)

Ok... I hope that was sarcasm. If not.. lets' explore this.

How many record company marketing people do you know skip out on marketing say... an Eminem Album & Tour to promote a video game for a child company owned by your parent company? I mean the concept is ludicrous!

My cousins friends proctologist recently removed a polyp from Gabe's colon and confirmed HL2 ships on 11/1. Oh and he's saving the polyp for me to press in my HL2 scrap book.

More usless "news" ...

alehm said:

Vivendi OWNS the following
Canal+ Group
Universal Music Group
Vivendi Universal Games
SFR Cegetel Group
Maroc Telecom

Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music company. Its global operations encompass the development, manufacture, marketing, sales and distribution of recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 71 countries, representing 98% of the global music market. UMG’s businesses also include music publishing, and mail order music/video clubs.

UMG’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of record labels which include: Barclay, DreamWorks, Interscope Geffen A&M, Island Def Jam Music Group, Lost Highway, MCA Nashville, Mercury, Mercury Nashville, Motor Music, Polydor, Universal Motown Records Group, Universal Classics Group (which includes Decca, Deutsche Grammophon, Philips and ECM) and Verve Music Group.

Artist Roster
UMG embraces a vast array of artists covering the full spectrum of music around the world and is a leader in both international and local repertoire. Artists signed to UMG throughout the world include:

North America: Ashanti, Erykah Badu, Beck, Black Eyed Peas, Mary J. Blige, blink-182, Bon Jovi, Mariah Carey, Vanessa Carlton, Sheryl Crow, DMX, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Melissa Etheridge, Eve, 50 Cent, G-Unit, Vince Gill, Godsmack, India.Arie, Ja Rule, Jay-Z, Toby Keith, B.B. King, Diana Krall, Limp Bizkit, Ludacris, Brian McKnight, Nelly, Nickelback, No Doubt, Puddle of Mudd, George Strait, Shania Twain, Stevie Wonder, Sting, 3 Doors Down and Trisha Yearwood.

Europe: Pedro Abrunhosa, Alizee, A*Teens, Daniel Bedingfield, Andrea Bocelli, Marco Borsato, Busted, The Cardigans, Jamie Cullum, Sergio Dalma, Ms. Dynamite, Sophie Ellis-Bextor, ERA, Mylene Farmer, Gabrielle, Johnny Hallyday, The Hives, Elton John, Ronan Keating, Michael McDonald, Metallica (outside North America) Florent Pagny, Paco de Lucia, Rammstein, Rosana, Safri Duo, Michel Sardou, Snow Patrol, Sugababes, t.A.T.u., Texas, U2 and Zucchero.

Latin America: David Bisbal, Bersuit, Café Tacuba, Pedro Fernandez, Luis Fonsi, Enrique Iglesias, Juanes, Limite, Manny Manuel, Molotov, Zeca Pagodinho, Paulina Rubio, Sandy & Junior, Ivete Sangalo, Caetano Veloso and Alicia Villarreal.

Asia Pacific: AI, Chage & Aska, Jacky Cheung, Kelly Chen, Dreams Come True, Energy, Masaharu Fukuyama, Evonne Hsu, Andy Hui, Hacken Lee, Naotaro Moriyama, Wilbur Pang, Powderfinger, Kou Shibasaki, Spitz, Alan Tam and Hayley Westenra.

Let me BOLD THIS FOR YOU
representing 98% of the global music market

Why would they meddle in a peer companies advertising when they have 98% of the global music market to advertise for... come on people :)

cc

No on'es mentioned that if this

"OH YEAH, that is the big hype here. There are posters, banners, cups, mugs, hats everywhere.
> Let me know and I will get it for you. "

was the actual response he got from her...I don't know who the hell hired her to market anything with that stupid way of talking!

rbf1138 said:
was the actual response he got from her...I don't know who the hell hired her to market anything with that stupid way of talking!

lol
:E :cheers:

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that people actually work for Vivendi and that those people have families and friends.

Wildhound said:
I don't know why it's so hard to believe that people actually work for Vivendi and that those people have families and friends.

That is not hard to believe... it is hard to believe that someone working for a child company of Vivendi International that is not affiliated or even in the same businessas the other child company Vivendi Universal Games is out promoting a product THEIR COMPANY WOULD STAND NO BENEFIT from doing so... damn people are dense
:sniper:

Hey I have some Ocean Front Property in Arizona real cheap... interested?

Wildhound said:
Robots don't have families.

Back