Vivendi Store - HL2 Info ...

Well, that's quite official. Still no public announcement though...

To save others clicking the link - VUG online store says the release date will be 1st of November 2004.

neato... could still be wild speculation though

I honestly we won't see it gold before we hear about the trial on the 8th

it all depends

They also have a date for F.E.A.R. here, which can only be speculative.

ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival

If they have set it, it wouldn't be an estimate. They would probably say "Ships: 11/1/04"

I'm afriad this means nothing. :|
I guarentee we won't get a real date until we hear the word "Gold!" shouted from the rooftops.

Is there any way to tell how long the ETA on that page has been 11/1/04? If it's been that way for a long while (like over 2 months) then it might not reflect the fact that Valve has already sent off an RC.

that date has been there for a couple of weeks, ever since retailers changed their dates. this is probably why they made the change

*whisper*- it's official behind closed doors...the valve site was just updated with the mature rating from RP..still no date....however

if they got a ESRB rating, that means that the release content cannot be changed without another review. Do you think they want this? ESRB rating picks are sent via publisher....TOMORROW THE GAME GOES GOLD!

would explain why steam did what it did today...locking out custom content so that the ESRB could do their thing.

Lanthanide said:
Well, that's quite official. Still no public announcement though...

To save others clicking the link - VUG online store says the release date will be 1st of November 2004.

There's a big ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival... so i think we will see hl2 beginning / Middle of october..as all the REVIEWS will be beginning of october...

Guys that is exactly whats on Gamestop site. Look at the ratings the icons used the game order.

cadaveca said:
*whisper*- it's official behind closed doors...the valve site was just updated with the mature rating from RP..still no date....however

if they got a ESRB rating, that means that the release content cannot be changed without another review. Do you think they want this? ESRB rating picks are sent via publisher....TOMORROW THE GAME GOES GOLD!

would explain why steam did what it did today...locking out custom content so that the ESRB could do their thing.

They would never change content at this point anyway. They would only fix bugs.

They can't be sure because they don't know when they will accept the RC!

I've a funny feeling the removal of custom content was less accident and more to do with the use of illegal custom maps for CS:S.

Only speculation, just what paranoid little me thinks:)

As for release date- I'd go with the general consensus of:

We will not know until we get a GOLD announcement..

Do they mean custom content as in nobody can load up and play any 3rd party mod now?... im alittle worried about that power they have. For aslong as they like, nobody can play anything but official mods.

wow

wow the VU store looks almost the same as the gamestop online store.....wow they even have the same dates and stuff on the side.....hmmmmm vu maybe uses gamestop for there store?? ya think

oldagerocker said:
Do they mean custom content as in nobody can load up and play any 3rd party mod now?... im alittle worried about that power they have. For aslong as they like, nobody can play anything but official mods.

I THINK he means that they needed ESRB to rate the game, in which case they needed ESRB to see only the maps the game includes in order to make their rating, not custom maps which could have really jacked up the rating - ie they are done with content of the game and are only left to squash bugs before it goes gold

So afterwards they will 'fix' steam to allow custom maps again

Gold announcement will be very soon now : >
since ESRB has rated the game now and they only rate games that are ready for publishment...

No- the custom content that isn't working is, for example, any custom models or guns that you keep in your cs1.6 cstrike folder etc ..
this includes all custom material so anything that isn't default and out of the gcf files isn't working(not including configs -since all configs are kept in same place- it has to look there to find them).

Basically where it would check the folders before the gcf it now does the opposite.

The removal of custom content IN NO WAY affects anything to do with the rating of the game by the ESRB nor will it affect any 3rd party mods you play- only official HL mods will be affected (ie. anything with a gcf file..), and only if you have any custom content.

And as I already said I thinks it's valves way of stopping us playing the illegal maps for the CS:S beta

(because they were built using tools from the stolen build....they don't want to ban everyone found using them, so they're only other option would be to do something along the lines of what has happened- I think the only mistake they MAY have made was this blockage of custom content affecting everything instead of just the beta..)

MadGuy said:
since ESRB has rated the game now and they only rate games that are ready for publishment...

Publishment?! Hahaha. is that a word? :LOL: :LOL: Even if it is a word, it made me laugh. And I have to crap now... brb

MadGuy said:
And they wouldnt say the game was gold until it had been rated probably. So yeah, could go gold today for all we know.

cadaveca said:
Yeah internal release is late october/early november. Officially it's 2005.

Infact they could wait with the gold announcement and silently being producing about now.

Then announce after the hearing.

Although i doubt it has much to do with anything.

cadaveca said:

not really. ESRB ratings can be done moths before going gold. I'm suprised they hadn't done it before now...

kilword said:
wow the VU store looks almost the same as the gamestop online store.....wow they even have the same dates and stuff on the side.....hmmmmm vu maybe uses gamestop for there store?? ya think

Or vice-versa...

razorblade kiss said:
Publishment?! Hahaha. is that a word? :LOL: :LOL: Even if it is a word, it made me laugh. And I have to crap now... brb

Have a nice crap !
Don't mess up the bathroom now :x

Varsity said:
We seem to have the TF2 box art too...

Holy crap that box art is from nineteen ninety nine!! :LOL: OLD. It even looks dated. You can be TF2 will be getting a fresh box when it comes around.

Back