Voice Filters?

NickOuellette

Reaction score
It's been established that the Source engine supports a live voice-chatting feature in-game for multiplayer games. Our mod intends to make extensive use of this, but what i was wondering is, does anyone know if audio filters could be selectively applied to different in-game player voices? In our mod we have a telepath class who would be able to communicate to his teammates via voice-chat regardless of distance, and so we'd like him to have a more echoey and ethereal voice quality. Our musician has created a filter, but does anyone know if it is even feasible to apply it?

any updates to this, i may be interested in something similar.

try emailing someone at Valve?
it sounds like a good idea..

It seems very likely that it would be possible, but you'ld probably need some skilled coders to so it. A bit of client side code to alter the waveform of the the voicecom stream... as long as it could be applied in realtime, without lag... I can't see why not..?

Definitely, send a mail valve's way. I'd be interested to hear a response.

silly me, i keep forgetting i am modding for a game where the company actually answers emails :eek:

Dante said:
silly me, i keep forgetting i am modding for a game where the company actually answers emails :eek:

Yes... EA just sends out automated emails, while at Valve you can get an answer from real people.
And how about answering my PM, Dante?

Back