Wanted: Mapper experienced in HDR

FreemanHL2

Reaction score
ok. I've finished a map for CS:S. I am having sum issues with lighting and cubemaps. The map itself is fully complete and functional, all I need is someone experienced with HDR to add lighting and cubemaps to the map.

I do know how to do this but I've been having alot of technical problems with my computer and none of the cubemaps seem to be building proply so I'd prefer someone more experienced to do the lighting.

Its a small map so it shuldnt take long. Anyone got a bit of spare time to help me out?

You should try and work your way through it. Just make sure you have a backup copy saved for everytime you mess up really bad ... heh

You'll be alot happier in the end when you've finished the map than you would be if you just handed it over to somebody to complete ... especially because you'd be a better mapper afterwards.

lol ye... lighting isnt easy in source. none of them seem to work like real lights, u gotta place sum spare ones here and there and all around just to get it looking normal... cubemaps are stupid aswell, its annoying and inconvient way to render reflections, cant they just use the surface normal to calculate the direction of the reflections? it makes no sense, their trying to cut corners in order to improve performance. lol halfe life 2 is d perfect game, with the perfect editore, great graphics and... ****ed up lighting lol valve need to fix it.

Back