Watch this

BloodyMario

Reaction score
Go here:
http://www.steampowered.com/status/status.html

In about 5 minutes the yellow line on the second graph will jump up to the grey line. In another 5 minutes the steam forums will be flooded with people shouting “wtf, Steam is down! Screw Valve!” It’s gonna be hilarious (from a perverted point of view).

Oh crap. It's 2 hour difference between Central and Pacific. Anyway, ignore this thread until 5:55 PST.

The status page is likely to go down as well.

Just edit your post and say 1 hour intead of 5 minutes...

My watch is now set for LAX wich is PST. It's an atomic self-correcting watch which is accurate to the second(not shitting you) It's exactly 5:02:34

Ikerous said:
Just edit your post and say 1 hour intead of 5 minutes...

Nah, I'd have to edit it every minute to keep it current. Besides, "5 more minutes" sounds more dramatic.

wonkers said:
My watch is now set for LAX wich is PST. It's an atomic self-correcting watch which is accurate to the second(not shitting you) It's exactly 5:02:34

Yes, Cesium decay rocks! :)

Yeah ...when it's all the way in colorado. It updates from there through radio. Like I want damn filthy cesium on my wrist.

hehe.. we probably get a comparable amount of radiation from our surrounding environment anyways. Like this computer monitor. Hmmmm.... *turns monitor off*

Anyways.. atomic clocks are cool. :)

[edit] that's not really true. Atomic clocks are not radioactive, and don't REALLY measure atomic decay.... but it's still cool.

Did it go down for CS:S beta? If it didn't, I doubt it will for this.

ShadowFox said:
Did it go down for CS:S beta? If it didn't, I doubt it will for this.

No it didnt, there is a queuing system which staggers the times at which people can begin there download, so straight away some people may get the "please try again later" message but it shouldnt be more than 10 mins before it starts working, depending on how heavy the preload will acctully be.

whoa i just saw a decrease!
OMG ITS PRELOADING!

...pfft. not likely.

Ch1cKeN said:
OMG ITS PRELOADING!

...pfft. not likely.

Yep, there's a decrease of available bandwith. I wonder why.

Ch1cKeN said:
WITHOUT AN AVATAR SINCE NOVEMBER 2003!
I beat you by 5 months.

so how can you guys tell the two lines will cross paths.. or is it just a prediction.

clarky003 said:
so how can you guys tell the two lines will cross paths.. or is it just a prediction.

Just a prediction. But when it happens you will know it. You’ll see children crying, women wailing, men panicking, earth trembling and moving swiftly across crimson sky there will be four silhouettes – the four horsemen of apocalypse. Oh, and Steam will get really slow.

Ch1cKeN said:

Yeah, but if you look over the past few days there hasn't been a cascade like that, just spikes. Something different is happening.

TIME! :eek:, safe . phew

lol the yellow line didnt move,

and the bandwith reduction must be the preload

lol i'm watching it too... just had a dif in aval bandwith (their probably messing with the settings now before they open the flood gates so to speak)

i'm guessing he'll make an official announcement once its started

well it must be coming, that drop in bandwidth is evidence of valve doing something :)

BloodyMario said:
Just a prediction. But when it happens you will know it. You’ll see children crying, women wailing, men panicking, earth trembling and moving swiftly across crimson sky there will be four silhouettes – the four horsemen of apocalypse. Oh, and Steam will get really slow.
...real Wrath-of-God-type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies.
Rivers and seas boiling!
40 years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanos.
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!

Enough spam for me tonight though. G'night all.

clarky003 said:
well it must be coming, that drop in bandwidth is evidence of valve doing something :)

Yeah they are doing something, alright. Like disconnecting Steam servers one by one while laughing hysterically. Oh, Valve, we fall for your sweet, sweet lies once again.

BloodyMario said:
I beat you by 5 months.

you...BASTARD!

I WORKED HARD TO NOT HAVE AN AVATAR AND YOU GO AND RUIN IT!

j/k, there are alot of people that joined before me and dont got an avatar. I'm just planning on staying for a long time.

nothing yet.................... although there are 311 people+ viewing half life 2 discussion right now... that's a lot of people!

aeroripper said:
nothing yet.................... although there are 311 people+ viewing half life 2 discussion right now... that's a lot of people!

lol, tot that up with the other hundreds on other sites following this. and thats alot of people who want HL2

BloodyMario said:
Go here:
http://www.steampowered.com/status/status.html

In about 5 minutes the yellow line on the second graph will jump up to the grey line. In another 5 minutes the steam forums will be flooded with people shouting “wtf, Steam is down! Screw Valve!” It’s gonna be hilarious (from a perverted point of view).

Ya...Interesting.

Back