Watercooling

crabcakes66

Reaction score
I think im gonna ask for a water cooling kit for x-mas......

Ive been looking around and there is alot to choose from....i can probly spend about 300$(US).

I want something that has CPU, GPU and northbridge coolers.

Ive never done a watercooling setup before so id apreciate any advice from experianced people.

If you're not overclocking you could go with a the Thermochill or one from www.swiftnets.com. They're on par with good aircooling, but alot quieter.

If you're overclocking and you absolutely must go with a kit, I'd recommend one from www.dangerden.com or www.dtekcustoms.com. Most overclockers cringe when they hear the word "kit", but if this is your first watercooling system, I personally think it's a good idea to buy one. These are heavy duty kits better than any aircooling out there. They're easy to assemble, quiet, and remove a ton of heat. The best part is, if you feel like building a custom watercooling rig later on down the line, you can reuse alot of these parts. The waterblocks and pumps are top of the line, same thing the hardcore watercooling nuts use.

Oh, and watercooling your northbridge isn't really necessary, it's just a waste of water pressure.

Kit...No....Never.... :p

I bought a pump, heatsink, rad and tubing for about 250€ incl posting from overseas.

MaxiKana, I don't think you can argue with the fact that the WhiteWater that comes in the D-Tek kit and RBX that comes in the DangerDen kit are two of the best waterblocks out there though. Crabcakes, if you got either of those two kits, make sure you get those waterblocks.

Well yeah... i bought my stuff just when the dude (forgot his name) had just started making the WW blocks, and i diddn't wanna spend as much on shipping as the actual block costed.

I hear that. You're in the UK right? I really wanna get a pair of 80mm Thermochill radiators from there, but there's some rediculous overseas tax I'd have to pay that brings the total close to $90 USD a piece! That's the only thing keeping me from building my internal watercooling rig right now.

From what I hear kits arent the best. Building your own will be much better.

I hear that danger den is pretty damn good though.

Sgt.Igneri said:
From what I hear kits arent the best. Building your own will be much better.

I hear that danger den is pretty damn good though.

Danger Den packages the same items that most custom watercooler builders would buy seperately all together as a kit. But, like I said, mention word "kit" and the purists cringe.

im not looking to do a custom job.

this is my first time....i want a kit.

edit...the swiftech kit looks like a good deal....and pretty decent performance also.....

I have a vantec aeroflow cpu cooler and it keeps my 2800+ cooler than most pentiums. Its 35c idle and 36-40c underload. I think that if your cpu is under 45celcius you shouldnt bother with water cooling. Unless your worried about your video card, which can be cooled fine by a few 80mm fans.

this is more about noise than anything....as is i cannot leave my pc on while i sleep(way to focking loud)

moderate overclocking also.......but noise first.....as is, i have 3 highflow 80mm fans and a cak4 88t cpu cooler.

as well as bus and gpu fans....

i listen to music when i fall asleep :) Mine is really loud too. 5 80mm fans.

heh, i had 5 also....... my two cheap fans recently bit the dust....

see if you can find a waterchill package... great Kits that include the most and it's pretty good when it comed to overklocking...

Back