We could do with one more map to spice it up a bit :)

glHalfLife

Reaction score
Dust gets a little boring over and over again...

If VALVe were to be so kind and allow us to test one more map, which map would you want?

I would like to playtest de_aztec.
But I doubt it will happend.

i would be happy just playing dust, if i could get it to work.

errr I'd rather get the hitboxes and netcode fixed first. only weapon I can hit with is the auto shotgun, subs just loose bullets.

Probably Aztec. We know its done already because it was in the video...

I think they will release a patch to fix some stuff and add a new map before the beta ends. Stage 2 :naughty:

This is a BETA, for testing, they won't release another map, maybe they would if you would give bug reports and patch this thing.

I've sent ~20 bug reports since last night as well as some good suggestions.

Id like to see a map with lots of water, because the water effects look amazing

If they're going to give us anything it'll probably be fy_rockworld :D

(wich i wouldn't mind :cheers: )

Well, my reason for asking for another map like aztec is because:

A: 20mins of dust and then another 20mins of dust and then another 20mins of dust... (you get the point) is a bit much now :/

B: Surely, after so much play of dust, we have found alot (most) of the bugs

C: A new map may identify even more bugs?

i would like to see de_aztec

mostly because we already saw it excists and maybe other maps don't excist or are still under construction and i would like to see the water effect (and lightning/thunder)

Why dont you e-mail valve and beg them, or offer them something like 1 million dollars for 1 more map!

I'm sure they will read these forums and find out that we want another map, like said above, email them and ask for one.

I personally would like a cs_uber

This map should make the source engine run to it's full extend - with almost every cool feature from water, HDR, dynamc shadows, extensive bump-mapping, e.t.c.

So that only four players can play - and only on something like 9800 pro/ XT or above. Not only will we get rid of the annoying cs kids who won't be able to play this kind of map due to ultra lag (they'd have cheap hardware) but we could enjoy full eye-candy! :D

But I know that's not going to happen.

The point of the beta is to test the net code, nothing else. As long as CS Source is in a secure, stable state they can go ahead and release it. Any bugs on other maps can and will be fixed after the release.

Don't get your hopes up for any other maps during beta.

lePobz said:
The point of the beta is to test the net code, nothing else. As long as CS Source is in a secure, stable state they can go ahead and release it. Any bugs on other maps can and will be fixed after the release.

Don't get your hopes up for any other maps during beta.

Actually someone from Valve did say a few weeks ago that there was the possibility of having other maps added to the beta. It could be that they're gonna milk every bug out of the beta on dust first then release another map with a patch to find more bugs, it's plausible.

Your dam right one more map would be amazingly good.

VALVe listen up, yes thats you at the back Mr Newell, a little goes a long way especially when it concerns Source hungry mad men.

I would like Aztec.

Back