Weapons cache help

S

sdech

How do I get the rocket launcher and the rockets that are locked in the cage? I know the green light near the health regenerator is key, but how do I get up there? I use the gravity gun to pull the big floor panel up and down, but I can't figure out how to use it to get up to the switch. Thanks for any help.

BTW - awesome game. Way better than Episode 1.

Hint: the big panel goes up, as you've noticed. Grenades may also well make things go up...

This is what I used:

Two traffic cone thingies (should be outside) = /\
A oil barrel= []

Basically you want them to line up at the broken stairs and be careful jumping on them as you go up

/\
[] /\

But now I think about it, there maybe boxes somewhere that you could stack up, if you can get it through the people carrier

First time i cramped things in from outside and scrambled up. Second time, knock the big hatch down, throw a grenade under, stand on top and you are volted up lol.

I managed to shoot myself up with the grav gun funnily enough. Took me about 5 minutes to work out how to get up and then another 10 to actually accomplish the goal.

Yep. Gravity Gun.

Stand on the edge closest to the entrance. Aim down. Left click 2 or 3 times and you should build up momentum to get to the health station.

The only one i had problems with was the rocket cache...rest was relatively simple.

The box of infinite grenades should be a big hint.
The burned mark on the floor where you can put the steel panel should also be one...

After looking at the panel, and the blast marks beneath, and a grenade box nearby, it was a simple case of dropping a grenade in and jumping just as it blows. :)

After that one, I had a bad feeling about the other caches, so I just kept going on past them...it just didnt seem right, having two of them that close together...combined with no weapons in sight and Alyx asking what I thought of that, I took it as a hint to run like hell...

But then again, after getting the antlion essence, I felt like that, too...I felt it was too easy, so I always had my shotgun out and spinning like mad going to the elevator, and constantly had my finger on the trigger button riding the elevator up...just felt too easy, like something bad was gonna happen....

After looking at the panel, and the blast marks beneath, and a grenade box nearby, it was a simple case of dropping a grenade in and jumping just as it blows. :)

No need to jump. Just drop the grenade and stand still on the hatch.

Dropping the grenade and standing on the floor panel worked perfectly. You'd think I'd had figured it out with the box of grenades in there. Thanks.

You get an achievement for doing this puzzle the right way, for Freeman's sake!

Back