weee I finished preloading

S

SenenCito

on 56k ;(

only took about three weeks

See there's no need for 56k users to feel left out, just have to be patient

go me!

dude thats nothing, if you did it on a 14 k modem i would be impressed

Damn now that's the definition of persistence!

Although you could have bought that DVD from that guy in another thread ;)

And what is your final pre-load size? Just making sure because im hearing conflicting views on filesize with different connections...

AcousticToad said:
And what is your final pre-load size? Just making sure because im hearing conflicting views on filesize with different connections...

well it showed 100% and complete, so im hoping that is the final for the moment at least. I just hope I don't have too much to download once the game is released, would suck to wait another three weeks to start playing

Awesome, now you have to wait another 3 weeks to download CS:Source.

just hope you didnt have to pay by the minute for the phone bill hehe

House said:
Awesome, now you have to wait another 3 weeks to download CS:Source.
ja! no problem, I don't care about playing that one :E

SenenCito said:
on 56k ;(

go me!
wow, congrats man.

SenenCito said:
ja! no problem, I don't care about playing that one :E

you dont? I highly recommend it.

Wow man!...
Congrats!....
Now I suggest you to do a backup of the whole thing on a handful of 3.5" 1.44Mb floppy disks.... you'll need only 1,764 of them. :E :imu: :rolling:

Holy crap. Email Valve your story and see if they'll give you a free hat or something.

SenenCito said:
naah im a pussy for that, can't we just share spit?

Man, get a room! :E That stuff should be reserved for PMs!

Dude, you are now the living god of the Dialup Cult.

Tark about commitment; I go mad downloading 200 megs, never mind more than ten times that :eek:

I preloaded the first few preloads on 48k, before i got my ADSL early September :D

EDIT: Oh and yeah get CS:S, its awesome. Lags less than CS 1.6 :p

....and when HL2 is finally released, you get to find out how corrupted all the files are! :D

SenenCito said:
on 56k ;(

go me!
So, how much did it cost to download? As much as the game? :cheers:

Great! Now get ready for another week of downloading as yet another preloading phase awaits you today!

Ken5h1ro said:
Wow man!...
Congrats!....
Now I suggest you to do a backup of the whole thing on a handful of 3.5" 1.44Mb floppy disks.... you'll need only 1,764 of them. :E :imu: :rolling:
HHAHA I would just hit walmart and ask for that much floppies, unfortunately I killed my floppy drive already, I hate those

Democritus said:
Holy crap. Email Valve your story and see if they'll give you a free hat or something.

you know, that's not a bad idea

:thumbs:

Edcrab said:
Dude, you are now the living god of the Dialup Cult.

Tark about commitment; I go mad downloading 200 megs, never mind more than ten times that :eek:

I got used to it, last time I did something this long was when I downloaded the playboy mansion parties of kaazaa :bounce: NEVER AGAIN!!

MiccyNarc said:
....and when HL2 is finally released, you get to find out how corrupted all the files are! :D

Yellonet said:
So, how much did it cost to download? As much as the game? :cheers:

nothing really I dont get charged per mb, I just left it on every night I could

it did however fail at 36% and I had to start again..sucked to be me

hmm now im not sure if I should just stay with it and keep preloading or just copy it off somebody else...decisions decision

SenenCito said:
on 56k ;(

go me!

HAHAH, you are a cheap :p

get ADSL for as less as $15.99 or £9.99

wow thats great man !
heres another preoload for ya :p

56k holy shit
does't that cost 2ct per minute ?
downloading it from 56k would cost to much probaly and a cable provider would be cheaper is't ?

zer0kewl said:
56k holy shit
does't that cost 2ct per minute ?
downloading it from 56k would cost to much probaly and a cable provider would be cheaper is't ?

naah its free over here, no worries about cost

Gorgon said:
HAHAH, you are a cheap :p

get ADSL for as less as $15.99 or £9.99

I had it, but I moved recently and ive been having problems getting DSL back up, been 9 months without DSL now

Oh man. I remember when my friend had 56k was a nightmare. I myself have always had cable. Anyone, nice that you have finished the preload. Im 97.6% done for todays to be finished.

Ownzed said:
That's what I thought.

There are still a few of us poor suffering souls wandering across the bowels of hell suffering the pain that is a maximun of 5.5k download

oh yea and I live in Puerto rico too

I think you should ride that 56k wave until it's over, Just think about how far you've already come.

If you get the rest from someone else on a disk that'd be like catching a ride when you were almost at the finishline in a race. I mean even if you come in last I think yo should finish under your own Steam :p

Back