Weekly Steam News (12/5/05) :D

Reginald

Reaction score
Thursday, May 12 2005

This evening we're planning for a major release of two new Counter-Strike: Source maps, along with a number of smaller changes to the game. This will be a fairly large download, so it might take a while for you to get all of the new content downloaded. It should be worth the wait.

The first of the two maps we'll be adding is a brand new design named de_port, which focuses on giving the two teams a number of initial routes to take in a bomb/diffuse scenario. A couple of weeks ago we sketched out some of our intentions with the map layout, which you can go back and check out here.

The second map we'll be adding to the rotation is a remade de_inferno. As part of our effort to give the community more insight into what we're doing here at Valve, we thought people might find it interesting to see how a map changes over its development cycle. To that end, we've put together a set of screenshots that were taken once each day during de_inferno's development, taken from a variety of camera angles around the map. You can take a look at that here.

Did I post it first?

EDIT: Yes! I did. I feel a strange sense of happiness :)

Inferno doesnt look like inferno anymore, it looks more like that drasted map...i cant even remember the name, the one with the villa. hated it.

oldagerocker said:
Inferno doesnt look like inferno anymore, it looks more like that drasted map...i cant even remember the name, the one with the villa. hated it.

You mean cs_italy?

By the way, check out the timeline...allows you to get a looksee into the developement.

The second map we'll be adding to the rotation is a remade de_inferno. As part of our effort to give the community more insight into what we're doing here at Valve, we thought people might find it interesting to see how a map changes over its development cycle. To that end, we've put together a set of screenshots that were taken once each day during de_inferno's development, taken from a variety of camera angles around the map. You can take a look at that here.

That bit is cool

I already posted this on the Counterstrike forum... :dozey:

so whose first now? :naughty: Edit: I posted at 5:03pm pacific time.

oldagerocker said:
Militia, perhaps? If so, there is now emnity between us, because militia was my favorite map.

/me goes to play the inferno remake

half-way through through the bomb site b pics theres some text, but i cant read it.

Computer5k said:
half-way through through the bomb site b pics theres some text, but i cant read it.
Yeah i see it, i zoomed in and its really distorted crap, the first 3 letters could be 'why' but i dont think they are real words, just general mappers gibberish.

you lot above quit trying to be flash by posting first, who gives one? Gonna be on the front page eventually, no one cares.

"...which focuses on giving the two teams a number of initial routes to take in a bomb/diffuse scenario."
i hate that typo. DEFUSE, not DIFFUSE...

lol maybe you can 'diffuse' through the bomb in some kind of osmotic effect, from a high to low concentration gradient, through a selectively permeable membrane, can't rule these things out.

the villa map could be chateua?
I always thought it was cool looking, especially when it first came out.
But my comp eats all the prettiness hard

chateau us purty, but it is incredibly T sided and no one likes to play it

Back