Weekly Steam News

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
In this weeks edition of “Valve & You,” Valve has thanked the community for all of the positive feedback of the released Counter-Strike: Source map, Militia. Even more good news for you CS’ers. Valve is planning on releasing two new player models soon, making this #1 First-Person Shooter that much better![br]Some great news for Day of Defeat: Source is also given to us today; The map Kalt will be released sometime next week as the internal play-testing wraps up and this map is expected to do quite well.[br]

[br]Also, some news for those afraid of using a credit card online:
…there will be a Day of Defeat: Source retail box available at software retailers around the start of February…
All of this being great news and I can barely wait for these releases. Be sure to peep this news update yourself, yo! Just start up Steam!

i cant wait to get this map......its gonna be great
any votes on what the next skins for CS:S will be? My guess is GSG9 and a different model to replace the arctic avenger.
cus he doesnt go to well with dust or aztec:LOL:

Kalt should have been in the first release :(
Caaaaan't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait!!!!!!!!!

After this, for DOD:S, Valve should create different player models for the MG class or something...I mainly just hope they focus on player models/weapons more after this map release...instead of making more maps...

/spoiled

Go Valve :D

I must be the only one that owns this game, but havent played it yet -_-

be gone dial-up!

Jonny Phive said:
I am personally hoping for caen. :dork:
me too... i've got my fingers crossed that it'll be the next remake. caen and saints.

Valve thanks the community! hah
Read this Valve: Release HDR for 3rd party mods ;o
Ok thanks

simon said:
Valve thanks the community! hah
Read this Valve: Release HDR for 3rd party mods ;o
Ok thanks

Already have. You can use HDR in MODS and custom maps since forever.
Great news update tho. Cant wait for skins and new updates!

Raziel-Jcd said:
Already have. You can use HDR in MODS and custom maps since forever.
Great news update tho. Cant wait for skins and new updates!
Actually since 3 days ago :p unless you count the beta sdk.

Kalt looks great, but I just want the grain/motion blur/color tweaking.

Did they actually say "soon" referring to the next cs:s models, because I don't see any time reference in the update.

hopefully its the SAS model that they never released, that thing was dope

-smash- said:
All of this being great news and I can barely wait for these releases. Be sure to peep this news update yourself, yo! Just start up Steam!

Haha, I read that as "I can barely walk after these releases."
Y'halo thar buttsechs?

this dude
CSS_SAS02.jpg

CSS_SAS01.jpg

nutcrackr said:
Did they actually say "soon" referring to the next cs:s models, because I don't see any time reference in the update.

Next major CS:S release they said...read things again...

"We're also planning on including two new player models, one from each side, to choose from on each side in the next major Counter-Strike: Source release."

Kalt, Caen, and Escape are 3 of my favorite maps. I hope that Caen and Escape are among the next few to be released.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Next major CS:S release they said...read things again...

"We're also planning on including two new player models, one from each side, to choose from on each side in the next major Counter-Strike: Source release."
Yep exactly, they don't say soon. However the HL2.net news update says soon which is misleading because Valve haven't indicated when it's coming.

Valve has to stop with the maps and models and start fixing the problems it keeps creating!

Will valve ever support the use of PayPal? Its the only method i have of paying for my games seeing as i use a UK Solo card. I'm currently using an old free account that my brother has

Punzz said:
Will valve ever support the use of PayPal? Its the only method i have of paying for my games seeing as i use a UK Solo card. I'm currently using an old free account that my brother has
Go to your local bank and get a debit card (for a bank that only uses your money to invest in ethically-sound businesses try cooperativebank.co.uk)

Megalomaniac said:
Valve has to stop with the maps and models and start fixing the problems it keeps creating!

Yeah because mappers and modelers code now....:rolleyes:

DiSTuRbEd said:
Yeah because mappers and modelers code now....:rolleyes:
Well, they could always fire all their mappers and modelers, and hire a bunch of coders... IT WOULD BE THE UNSTOPPABLE CODING FORCE!!! THEY COULD FIX A BUG FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY WTF LAG.

vegeta897 said:
Well, they could always fire all their mappers and modelers, and hire a bunch of coders... IT WOULD BE THE UNSTOPPABLE CODING FORCE!!! THEY COULD FIX A BUG FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY WTF LAG.
That would be the sickest show. Until the love of two coders destroys the team and leads to a mapping revolution! With robots. Lots of robots.

Back