Weird shadows: help please

lsdlightfulz

Reaction score
I have a problem with shadowing on one map I've made, I hope somebody can help me. I'd like to point out that this does not happen on my other maps, just this particular map only, and I always do things the same way when I build them.

Things on the floor have absolutely no shadows... unless you move the item near a wall, then it appears oddly high on the wall. Strangely enough, things on the ceiling do not display this behavior, they're perfectly fine. :LOL:

Here's a pic that should explain it better:
wtfshadows.jpg

is that ob engine? anyway, you can use info_lighting to fix your problem. sadly it does not exist in ob engine, but don't worry you can use info_target as a light target (lightingorigin).

I use Ep1 engine mainly, because it seems to be the only one that won't crash VRAD when I compile in HDR. I do have access to the OB editor though, if I happen to need elements that Ep1 doesn't have (mainly the Load Portalfile option for checking on my visleafs).

Well, this is embarassing.. My light_environment and shadow_control had their pitches inverted for some odd reason; silly mistake. Must have forgotten the negative sign when I was plopping them down, lol. That explains the crap on the ceiling looking OK, heh.

Back