We'll have a gay ol' time

Pesmerga

Reaction score
Fox News reports Ohio congressman wants to pull the intro theme song of "The Flintstones" from public broadcasting because of "lifestyle confusions", saying that the term "gay" has changed over the years since the cartoon started and children listening to the song may be mislead by its meaning. Left wing activists responded with angry emails and letters, saying the term has grown into two different but innocent definitions, and that viewers of the show would not be misdirected.

Fox News video report

I'm really torn on this issue. I mean, both sides have good arguments, I'm just not sure that a children's show should be changed because of an dual meanings.

So basically what this guy is saying is that homosexuals are bad? Apparently he thinks the word gay is bad, the rest follows.

EDIT: And link source.

The very notion of changing it makes me lol. Jesus, talk about pointlessness.

Leave it, they don't like it, don't watch the TV show....

And who cares if the kids think the characters are gay. Is that going to explode their little mind with cartoon buttsechs?

"Gay" is also used in tons of old classic literature, should we ban that too? No.

People are getting more and more we-tard-ed these days.

Change it from "gay" to "fucking awesome".

Seems a fair compromise to me.

Lmao! Have little more to say. Seriously, it's a kid's cartoon!

Ba ba *CENSORED* sheep, have you any wool?

Hurray for PC.

Just think of it, that politician could have been supporting some real beneficial life changing legislation and policy right now, but instead he's arguing over the word gay in some old dusty cartoon I stopped watching after nine years of age.

Perfect example of whats wrong with our countries.

I didn't even know what the hell they were saying. By the time I found out it didn't matter.

Absurd!

That this has been given considered for even briefest of seconds makes me want to facepalm in despair.

They shouldn't change the words. They should insert a few frames of meatspin when the word gay is said to bring it up to date.

Just think of it, that politician could have been supporting some real beneficial life changing legislation and policy right now, but instead he's arguing over the word gay in some old dusty cartoon I stopped watching after nine years of age.

Perfect example of whats wrong with our countries.

The perfect example of people who blindly support any sensationalist news without any real credible sources or references. In the event that sources have been posted, they're probably sensationalist news reporters themselves, pandering to you mindless dimwitted readers.

There's no need for concern anyway, because Flintstones no longer airs on any channel except for Boomerang, and therefore it's unlikely kids of this generation or future generations will ever know the Flintstones, or any other classic cartoons, which is the real tragedy.

Children aren't as stupid as people think, either. I don't know why people forget what it's like to have the mindset of a child; everyone was a child once. We know how childrens' minds work because we've been there. The fact that a word has two meanings, who's that really going to confuse? I remember a week in school where they drilled us with flash cards on homonyms. "Pitcher can mean someone who throws the ball in baseball, or a large container you pour drinks out of. Pitcher." Kids aren't stupid. "Gay can mean happy, or it can mean a homosexual relationship. Gay." 'Course, they're gonna ask you what a homosexual is, but that's not hard to define either. Some people, man.

Speaking of the Flintstones, and Christmas time, I woke up the other day with the Fruity Pebbles Christmas commercial from 1980-something stuck in my head. The jingle. It's on autoloop whenever I see something Christmas-y.

Dear politicians,

Nobody cares.

Love, everybody.

qft

There's no need for concern anyway, because Flintstones no longer airs on any channel except for Boomerang, and therefore it's unlikely kids of this generation or future generations will ever know the Flintstones, or any other classic cartoons, which is the real tragedy.

Children aren't as stupid as people think, either. I don't know why people forget what it's like to have the mindset of a child; everyone was a child once. We know how childrens' minds work because we've been there. The fact that a word has two meanings, who's that really going to confuse? I remember a week in school where they drilled us with flash cards on homonyms. "Pitcher can mean someone who throws the ball in baseball, or a large container you pour drinks out of. Pitcher." Kids aren't stupid. "Gay can mean happy, or it can mean a homosexual relationship. Gay." 'Course, they're gonna ask you what a homosexual is, but that's not hard to define either. Some people, man.

Speaking of the Flintstones, and Christmas time, I woke up the other day with the Fruity Pebbles Christmas commercial from 1980-something stuck in my head. The jingle. It's on autoloop whenever I see something Christmas-y.

qft

I don't think I've had anything less to say.

Back