Well, I did it

SubKamran

Reaction score
I have made the change... yesterday I bought a motherboard + cpu + video upgrade for my computer, and I've switched from Intel to AMD.

I bought an Athlon 64 3200+ Venice and an ABit KN8 SLI motherboard along with a transitional X300SE 128MB (onboard) PCI-E video card.

As such, any of you who need a deal on an upgrade can mozy on over to my eBay auction. I'm selling my current motherboard and CPU in a pre-built combo that is also pre-overclocked.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6828668414

It will start at 9:30 PM PST. :afro:

you might want to delete this because selling is not allowed on the forums

giant384 said:
you might want to delete this because selling is not allowed on the forums

I'm not selling it to anyone, I am pointing out an auction. It hasn't even started yet :p

My post doesn't say "omfg u should buy this cuz im selling it." It's more of a "Because I've upgraded, I am getting rid of some stuff, check it out if you want."

is that x300se the upgrade? Because with a better system like that you should look at like a 6600gt or better

bryanf445 said:
is that x300se the upgrade? Because with a better system like that you should look at like a 6600gt or better

he has a point unless you arent able to afford a pci-e card for now

man, i got my 6600 gt for $100 after rebate from newegg.com. im sure u can afford that!

bryanf445 said:

It's a transition card. My 9800 Pro won't work *sad*. After my auction ends (hopefully) I'll buy a 7800GT. :thumbs:

SubKamran said:
It's a transition card. My 9800 Pro won't work *sad*. After my auction ends (hopefully) I'll buy a 7800GT. :thumbs:

Tis a cracking card! F.E.A.R is amazing and hl2 never looked so good at full res and detail with 4xAA and 8xAF!

i have the 3200 venice. if ur gonna run hl2 it runs it really well for the money

duffers20 said:
Tis a cracking card! F.E.A.R is amazing and hl2 never looked so good at full res and detail with 4xAA and 8xAF!

Yup... if I want to get a PCIe video card, might as well get a good one.:thumbs: I'm gonna OC it too, since my comp is in the basement and it's cold down here. My CPU is at 27C (Pentium 4) right now.

SubKamran said:
I have made the change... yesterday I bought a motherboard + cpu + video upgrade for my computer, and I've switched from Intel to AMD.

I bought an Athlon 64 3200+ Venice and an ABit KN8 SLI motherboard along with a transitional X300SE 128MB (onboard) PCI-E video card.

As such, any of you who need a deal on an upgrade can mozy on over to my eBay auction. I'm selling my current motherboard and CPU in a pre-built combo that is also pre-overclocked.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6828668414

It will start at 9:30 PM PST. :afro:
Arn't the SLI boards made for to support two graphics cards? Why did you only buy one?

Arn't the SLI boards made for to support two graphics cards? Why did you only buy one?
Upgrade later on. I have a A8N-SLI, and someday if I want to run 2 Nvidia Cards I can. Supports 939 and since thats more AMD's and probably future AMD's use Socket 939 it makes it even more future proof.

can the SLI boards only have dual AGP cards or PCI-E cards? Whats 939 mean?

The upgrade went fine, I reformatted and my backups are restored (Trillian gave me hell though...).

I left it on during the night and it locked up, weird... I was copying files and restoring Steam backup. That's probably why.

It's hella fast too, XP loading screen appears for 2 seconds and voila, I'm in. Just beautiful.

trillion as in aim trillion? cause i had to uninstall it and when i reformated got the old version. it seems to lagg the shit out of my computer as it did with my friends

Back