Well whats this..... (css torrent).

craig

Reaction score
... mmmmhhhmm. CS Source?

Seenas though Gabe doesn't seem to mind, any CZ owners fancy a super early pre-load?

It is of-course encrypted, so you wont have any use for this file without a Valid Copy of an ATI Voucher, or CS:CZ

Instructions: Open the zip, run in your favorite torrent software.

I doubt it will be enabled tomorrow when the cybercaffes copies are

c:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam Apps\

It won't be enabled tomorrow for us, but when we are allowed to play it you'll already have it and will be able to play it instantly (not hogging the already slow Steam network).

benson said:
c:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam Apps\

It won't be enabled tomorrow for us, but when we are allowed to play it you'll already have it and will be able to play it instantly (not hogging the already slow Steam network).
That's assuming they don't change anything/how much they change it.

Thanks...

Yikes, only 7 peers right now...only 6k sec

haha whats the point? You wont be able to use it even on wednesday

Valve will give the keys, serial etc. or whatever to those they agree'd should have it, nobody else. So you wont get to use it. And if you do find a way, by using say some cafe's serial, you'll be easy to track down and be permanently banned from steam.. Bit pointless and a bit of a waste for something like CS don't ya think?

thats why theyll be preloading it
to let us all have it at the same time

im pretty sure steam will do its job

When they do release it, Steam is going to get overwhelmed by the 14,000 CS:CZ players trying to grab it. At least this way, we won't have to pre-load.

I hope they fix some tiny bug so it needs to be downloaded again, just to piss u all off

just delete all threads related to pre-loading source (torrents etc) since its useless

No it isn't, its a steam alternative - like the man said.

kingthebadger said:
yes! and lepobz, you are a retard. shut ur mouth!

Thats nice, just because you dont agree with someone you have to resort to personal insults?

I'm downloading it, why not? I'll get it quicker than i would via steam, and it can just sit in my folder until the CZ/Ati unlock date what harms that going to do?

yeah i agree, seen as we cant use it until its 'released' then theres no harm is there? but there is one big benefit - when it is 'released' there will be less people downloading it from steam.

bit torrent is a great way to download stuff, and i think it will take a lot of pressure off steams network.

i would like to hear one valid reason why not, cos i certainly cant think of any, i see it as only a god thing.

Its gonna be one of those torrents where your just gonna have to leave it running I guess.

can't wait till I get this out of the way now as a torrent so I don't have to leave Steam running for a millenia. Rather bittorrent than steam anyday.

leaving it running won't do any good if there aren't any seeds...

come on people dl more :p and seed!! mine is going friggen 10 kb :(

Mine won't connect to the tracker :( EDIT: Never mind, there it goes :D

My Upload speed is almost always 2 times greater than my download speed. Right now I'm getting 6 Up and 25 DL. Anyone else have this problem and how do I fix this? Oh and I have set my max up and down load speeds as 85% of my max speeds for both.

Farfege said:
My Upload speed is almost always 2 times greater than my download speed. Right now I'm getting 6 Up and 25 DL. Anyone else have this problem and how do I fix this? Oh and I have set my max up and down load speeds as 85% of my max speeds for both.

try lowering your upload limit
if you upload too fast your download speed might be affected

all this does is let ppl download it b4 its available to be preloaded. so why all the negativity? if u dont wanna use it then dont, and as many ppl have said b4, no1 will get to play it any earlier its just a matter of downloading.

hey do I just need to put it to c:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam Apps\ ?? and then what ? thx for reply

bartman: You must use a Bit Torrent client (i.e. such as BitTornado ( http://bittornado.com/ )) to download the file off other users, and then save the file to C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam Apps\

Just so you know, total download size: 366.2MB

Considering from what I heard, CS: Source only has a few maps (if not only one?)

So I'm wondering just how big HL2 for those of use broadband users with download limits.. :S

*checks his 12GB download limit

90 percent left, i'm ready

I suggest you guys don't download this.

This GCF file also contains partial files from Half-Life 2 such as models and sounds of which the sounds could spoil some parts of the game for you.

no it wont. the hl2 cfg will when it is released though, mr calhoun. though i belive that valve will keep the important wav files, maps, models etc out of the preload so noone has the chance of spoiling the game for others.

wooo just started downloading, going at a reasonable speed (20-35kb/s). ill be sure to seed when im done :)

please everyone, make sure your 'share rating' or 'download ratio' or whatever is atleast 1, upload as much as you download!

you can easly just download at least 1 meg of the CSS torrent then stop the download and put the 1 meg file in your steam apps folder and restart steam and steam will finish downloadin teh file. wen u check monitor you will see that its preloading it and it just says scanning though. it worked for me.

marty905 said:
you can easly just download at least 1 meg of the CSS torrent then stop the download and put the 1 meg file in your steam apps folder and restart steam and steam will finish downloadin teh file. wen u check monitor you will see that its preloading it and it just says scanning though. it worked for me.
Doesn't work for me. Not that it matters.

after u put it in restart steam wait a bit....then go bak to ur steam apps folder and its 366 mb now

Back