What a year its gona be for fps....

Scunna

Reaction score
weve got four top fps coming out this year (hopefully)

1) Half Life 2
2) Doom 3
3) Unreal Tournement 2004
4) Halo 2

argubaly fps is the most popular game genre

so surely this is gona be a brilliant year for gaming in general

:cheers: :cheers:
:D :D :D :D :D

Oh yeah and that stalker thing too plus far cry. worryingly they are mostly the same names everyone mentioned for last year too.

MoJo|Night said:
Oh yeah and that stalker thing too plus far cry. worryingly they are mostly the same names everyone mentioned for last year too.

I doubt STALKER is coming out this year.

we said the same thing last year, and last year sucked monkey regions for games.

Polykarbon said:
Edit--

1) Half Life 2
2) Doom 3
4) Halo 2

And Halo 2 is only relevant if you own an XBox, or intend to buy one to play it; neither is the case for me. But yeah, Half-Life 2, Doom 3, and then S.T.A.L.K.E.R. could be good.

I'd be happy if only HL2 or Duke Nukem Forever came out this year. I like the level of interactivity and open-endedness that these games potentially offer. Doom III and Halo 2 look nice, but I won't upgrade for either. Thief III doesn't look all that fantastic but if the gameplay is solid I'll eventually get it. I don't see STALKER coming out for atleast another year.

hl2
doom3
stalker
thief 3
the movies
Black and white 2
roller coster tycoon 3 is looking good
COD: united offence addon WoW
Brothers in arms WoW

i am buying all of these.

gonna be busy on my comp!

what a yr for gaming

and i know i missed out alot more

Aye, Thief 3, May 26th, i know i'll be getting it mainly because the series of games is great and you actually control lockipicking this time acording to Sodie (Reverse :D ) Sounds alot like the 'Manual barrel gun cleaning' from the early HL2 rumors.

1- HL2
2- Thief 3
3- Doom3
4- Halo 2
5- S.T.A.L.K.E.R
6- Predator (?)

Scunna said:
weve got four top fps coming out this year (hopefully)

1) Half Life 2
2) Doom 3
3) Unreal Tournement 2004
4) Halo 2

Halo2 is just Halo with new maps and even Halo was not what it was cracked up to be.

UT2004 is UT2003 with vehicles

And it RTS that are the most played genre statisticly.

stalker looks really amazing, its pretty much creating its own sandbox genre, although i doubt it will be out by the end of the year, probbally spring.

Doom3 should be a really fun scare fest.
HL2 will have a great singleplayer, and probbaly boost an already huge MP community.
UT2004 is fine but jeezaz chwist the performance is toss on onslaught.
Halo 2 ... no comment... ima pc gamer.

and the future.. Unreal 3, FEAR, Dark Sector, Operation Flashpoint 2!, quake 4, half-life 3, ... PC Gaming dead MY ASS!

Since this is a non/release FPS thread....you forgot about painkiller!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THINK OF THE PAINKILLER!!! That is all.

Can you add starwars:battlefront as well! Nowt like taking on an Ewok with a at-st :D

Lobster said:
Halo 2 ... no comment... ima pc gamer.

Theres no doubt that Halo2 will come out for the pc eventually. Sadly not this year though. But still I'd advise watching the E3 footage to see what you'd be missing out on.

Bicka said:
Theres no doubt that Halo2 will come out for the pc eventually. Sadly not this year though. But still I'd advise watching the E3 footage to see what you'd be missing out on.

And even when it does come out for the pc u'll still be playing a console port (which needs anaologue, triggers, rumble etc) on the pc.

If you want to experience what should be and amazing FPS you'll have to play it on the xbox (I doubt Halo 2 will be nearly as good on the pc. imo :p )

Unless Halo isn't your cup of tea of course. In that case don't worry about it (you just won't realise how much fun the rest of us are having ;) )

I think Halo is so over-rated. I played it on Xbox at my friend's house and I thought it was really boring and repetitive. I downloaded the PC demo and the multiplayer was the most annoying I had ever played in my whole life. The single player part was also nothing special on the PC demo.

So yeah, I don't care about Halo 2. When it finally comes out on PC it will look really, really old.

I don't like halo much myself, but from the video I've seen of Halo 2 it looks like a lot more fun.

Back