What Are You Looking Forward To Most?

Reaction score
Hiya!

Thought I'd just start this thread so that people could get their ideas and wishes out in the open. I don't really know whether or not this has been done before, but it seemed like a good idea to me.:p

So, what are you looking forward to most? For me, it's going to be standing somewhere high up and bombing headcrabs and zombies with heavy objects.:E

Seeya.

bin dun b4

but newho

playin with the physics,seeing source in realtime, storyline, slapiing the Gman :bounce: :cheers:

I think everyone is looking forward to the graphics. The physics engine is what I find most exciting, as well as the modding possibilites of the Source engine. I've had some mediocre ideas, but nothing worth making into a full mod yet. I'm sure once I see the engine in action and see its capabilities, then I'll have more ideas of what to do.

Jumping off a building onto a teeter-totter with boxes on the other end, thereby launching the boxes into the air, and having them land on a group of combine soldiers... Which promptly roll down nearby stairs with excellent ragdoll physics... [possibly knocking over a bookcase which falls on top of them on the way]

The thing about HL2 im looking forward to the most must be to play with the AI and Source engine.

Originally posted by GPRT
bin dun b4

but newho

playin with the physics,seeing source in realtime, storyline, slapiing the Gman :bounce: :cheers:

yes, go to the docks with the grav gun and pick up a trout :D

*<6iXx> slaps G-Man around a bit with a large trout*

It's all good.

Crusader, man, you've got it all sorted out, haven't you?:E

I want to use the newest version of the gauss cannon. It was awesome in the last game. And the spore launcher. Heh Heh. That thing was cute. Oh, and snarks, I hope they bring those back.:cool:

Hey, where would I post HL2 mod ideas? I have two.:)

Keep it going.

Seeya.

multiplayer :D

I'll probably play a multiplayer game before SP.

Making it in the Guiness Book of World Records for largest virtual domino thingy.:dork:

And of course playing around with stuff and experiment with physics, see how far you can take the engine before it goes apeshit and starts doing weird stuff.:D

Hey, that domino thing'd make a neat mod.:cool:

Dah dah dah DUUUUUUM... DOMINO MASTER!:cheese:

Heh.

Seeya.

Why isn't anyone agreeing with me on the pistol? :flame:

The pistol's cool.:cool:

Looks more substantial than the old one.

BANG! BANG!

"Gakkawakkawakka!":x

Good for killin' aliens.

Poor aliens.;(

Seeya.

1. The physics engine. I gotta try that.
2. The graphics, I wanna look at everything to see how real it is.
3. The start of the game
4. The rest of the game
5. Multiplayer

I like the fact that it's essentially the same as HL1, only much, much, very better. :p

That would be my impression of a dying vortigaunt.;)

I'm also sure those little dudes used to shout "DIE! DIE!" whenever they saw me. 'Cept it was kinda...alieny-sounding.:dork:

Like "DHIGH! DHIGH!".:E

Seeya.

I'm looking very forward to the multiplayer, i cant wait to blow your asses away with a nice shotgun :D

physics engine
multiplayer
.... if you could move your players with that weapon to move stuff lol :)

single player- acting, storytelling, gameplay, cool settings, interesting characters, immersiveness... stuff that will set HL2 apart from other games.

The begining of the game, all that anticipation rolled into one single moment.

all of the above

that includes manipulating all the Combine :p

Originally posted by Jambob
The begining of the game, all that anticipation rolled into one single moment.

That would have to be me too.

We all know how dope the physics and graphics are going to be, so the anticipation of actually playing gets my vote.

I'd really like to see how they set up the story as well.

Physics, Graphics, Story, Effects

but mostly Physics and Graphics.

I don't know about you guys, but after watching all those videos for the first time, I just had an urge to shoot some combine soldiers in the head with a usp.

Originally posted by Kazem
I don't know about you guys, but after watching all those videos for the first time, I just had an urge to shoot some combine soldiers in the head with a usp.

Same.

I'm actually looking forward to playing the game the most. If we get a chance.

2 main things.

1: Looking forward to the SDK and modding the manipulator to control birds and people and striders and tanks.

2: Looking forward to shooting the G-man just to see what he does.
I think it'd be awesome if the game went crazy and everyone morphed into crazy things that killed you.

Originally posted by RhapSidious
That would have to be me too.

We all know how dope the physics and graphics are going to be, so the anticipation of actually playing gets my vote.

I'd really like to see how they set up the story as well.

Yeah, how they set up the story will be very important..

Back