What comes first? Multi or single?

What will you explore first? Multiplayer or single player?

• Single Player is the choice of champions!

Votes: 81 94.2%
  • Multiplayer for the choice...of...champ...ions..

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters

csmighty

Reaction score
As you rush into your house and carefully slit open the Half Life 2 box, and CAREFULLY insert the disk(s) into your cd drive....as you enter the main menu....will you click single player game OR multiplayer???

Hmmm, im not sure myself

this has been done before...single was overwhelmingly chosen

god damn you, that first post makes me want HL2 even more. Im about to kill myslef!

Singleplayer all the way!

Multiplayer after I completed or almost completed the SP.

Definetly Single , Ill probably play that all the way through before I play multiplayer , multiplayer ruins the suprise of seeing all the guns.

I cant wait either.

For me its SP first, then MP. For some reason I can never connect to any servers, so I mostly do SP.

I ain't touching the multiplayer till I finish the singleplayer first :cool:

Single player for me. I dabble with multiplayer on occasion, but it's the single player that keeps me coming back.

I won't touch the multi until I finish the single in its all Difficulty levels.:flame:

I would do the smart thing of installing it first:dozey:

SingyPlay first because I wan't to know the story:afro:

Single player, most definitely. Although I am a bit curious as to what will be in store for multiplayer.

The most important think is to get used to the types of weapons and how they going to be used. :flame:

Originally posted by Lifthz
Single player is first, unless it sucks.

Again with the HL2 hating. Ive already stated my opinion , but maybe youre just a troll which seems more likely.

Install.
Browse through manual. (In depth read later)

Single player for a few days.
Add multiplayer even if not done w/ single after a while.
Add SDK/modding experimentation.

I'll open up alot of the models in the SDK's lipsinch program and see what I can do with Alyx:cheers:

I wont even TOUCH mp until I have gone through the hl2 sp enough to have hl2 memorized and completely understood. And by then I should be good enough at the game to not get pwned in mp.

obviously sp first but i will have a look at mp options i want to see if in 5 years Valve have come up with something new.
Also i might just wait for co op from sven and play with a friend.

well, once I get in the car on my ride home(damn, I have to drag my parents into the store now, EB has rule that Mature games get sold under supervision, oh well, the manager's a good guy, might let it slide) I VERY carefully open the box so the little circular sealing things doesn't rip off the top layer of the box(well, if it's Collector's Edition it'll be tin) and then prowl through the manual on the halfhour ride home(I'm a fast reader, I get through every important feature in the average size manual in a half hour, important features being everything except warranty, legal crap, and the medical notices), then I'll probably install the closed alpha of Spade if we have one compiled by October, or just play around with the SDK on the HL2 content after installing. If TF2 turns out to be multiplayer after all(Valve is full of secrets, who knows?) I'll play that after a few hours of SP. If it's plain HLDM2, then the second day. If it's going to beat the shit out of CS and the dead horse model Invasion works released for Day of Defeat, I'll play that first.

Most importantly comes playing around with the files, browsing through the models in HLMV, opening Winamp or a PAK viewer and listening to the sounds, taking a look at what I can make with the mapping tools.

Originally posted by 2ltben
well, once I get in the car on my ride home(damn, I have to drag my parents into the store now, EB has rule that Mature games get sold under supervision, oh well, the manager's a good guy, might let it slide) I VERY carefully open the box so the little circular sealing things doesn't rip off the top layer of the box(well, if it's Collector's Edition it'll be tin) and then prowl through the manual on the halfhour ride home(I'm a fast reader, I get through every important feature in the average size manual in a half hour, important features being everything except warranty, legal crap, and the medical notices), then I'll probably install the closed alpha of Spade if we have one compiled by October, or just play around with the SDK on the HL2 content after installing. If TF2 turns out to be multiplayer after all(Valve is full of secrets, who knows?) I'll play that after a few hours of SP. If it's plain HLDM2, then the second day. If it's going to beat the shit out of CS and the dead horse model Invasion works released for Day of Defeat, I'll play that first.

Most importantly comes playing around with the files, browsing through the models in HLMV, opening Winamp or a PAK viewer and listening to the sounds, taking a look at what I can make with the mapping tools.

Sweet, so I can get M rated games if my mom/dad s there?
Awesome!
*Goes make robot parent...

single player first so I can see the game in all its glory...

id do options, too

then hazard course.... (for new features... iono, like wall jumps or sumthin....)

then grin histerically as i click on singleplayer

I can see it now as i click on the single player and start the game i will get an error stating "We're sorry your P.O.S computer is unworthy of playing HL2" and i will proceed to throw my pc out the window but not b4 removing the HL2 disc.

single considering that hl2 will play on my comp it's really a 99 percent chance i won't be able to play it very well

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Again with the HL2 hating. Ive already stated my opinion , but maybe youre just a troll which seems more likely.

Half-Life 2 hating? You just sound like you have a personal grudge against me for some reason(s). And towards that I say I could care less.

What did I say in that statement (or any other statement about HL2 that i've made) that was "HL2 hating"? You're just acting like an idiot.

OK, i voted SP but what if it comes with Team Fortress 2 :D

I dunno, TF2 wont have the guns of HL2, im guessing, so i might just have to give it a shotty.

However, ill have to run through the Hazard Course then see whats up with the story..... who knows, i might not be able to put it down.

god im going to handle that package carefully and il take a small knife and cut through the seal as the not damage the collectors edition manual and slowly and extremely carefully slide the cd case out of the box and then open my dvd drive after its dusted off and all the way open I will place my index and thumb on the inside ring and outside edge of the disk and carefully place it into the dvd drive make sure its snug in there and wont get hurt on its way in and press insert and then begin the magic whilst im beginning the magic I will take a few glaces at the manual here and there but wait for my next readin period to read the entire thing in depth anyway back to the decision after the game boots up (I will look at sponsor videos and extras carefully and load sceen) then I carefully decide on every little installation option and see what they have in store for us in terms of multiplayer (hopefully hint in install) when I am in the game I will carefully scan the interface and all its beuty for awhile then click on the gleaming options menu and look at every little thing I can tweak and study for probably 4 or more mins and fix it to work perfectly on my machine soon after I will start up singleplayer after the options interface was examined in all its glory and I discovered its true beuty I will begin single player and of course carefully study the loading screen and everything that follows well lets just say... heaven

btw I lied when I actually voted just to be one of the people who actually did vote for mp even though I would never do mp first I will of course do sp right after I do options and interface exploration

also i forgot to mention before sp i will probably do the hazard course and observe it and its interface if it has one and its loading screens carefully.... anyway haha hazard course b4 sp most likely gota see what its going to be like this time

sorry that was long but its a good read that will get you exited for hl2 :cheers:

wouldent we all.......... you guys we should stick together this is really going to bbe a big expierience in our lives.... lol :cheese:

Back