What cool hidden things did you find?

C

CyclonicKitten

I found that in Dr. Kleiners office right when you forst walk in on the left you will see a cactus. There is a mini-telaport machine and you can but anything yo uwant on it like a book or the cactus and it will telaport to the other end of the desk wher ethe other part of the machine is. What did you find? :thumbs:

hawaii

I found that in the office you can hit the little stupid hawaiin lady and she grooves. hey, I hit it.

noob, who hits a hawaiian lady bobble dancing thing... I HATE U

bong your a dick.. every post you make is pointless..

i found an NPC alien dude up a drain pipe he was cooking a head crab on a spit.

You know the HEV suit recharger from the first game? I found the face-plate to it in the place where you train with DOG (up where she first asks you to pull barels down from). Laughed my ass off.

I wouldnt say it was hidden or anything, but when I threw a paint can at a zombie with the grav gun, paint went all over the zombie. It was great.

When the plug came out at Kleiners teleporter, I was just joshing around with my roomate in that room while Alyx was waiting for me to plug it back in. Well, I was talking to Barney about that beer, and Alyx is like "Yeah, that's it!" So I was like "WHAT?! HE IS THE PLUG!!" So I tried to plug him in....It fit..but no juice :(

Attachments

• 11 Barney Plug.jpg
    11 Barney Plug.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 911
I liked how Kliener's scream was the same as in Hl1 when you showed up outside the lab after the teleport scene.

i liked showing up in breens office
good stuff
the plug fit in barneys head???????

One of the female NPCs said "Sometimes, I dream about Cheese." once. Not sure if it only happens once, but in any case, "use"d her through the fence on the level where you first encounter Hoppers.

Uhm, I got a Ant Lion come through the wall, a doll, and this which i dont know what it is, if it plays a role later on, don't tell me:

Attachments

• d2_prison_050001.jpg
    d2_prison_050001.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 821
  • d2_prison_040000.jpg
    d2_prison_040000.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 772
  • d3_c17_020002.jpg
    d3_c17_020002.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 755
if you read the bulletin board in Klieners lab, theres a drawing from Alyx to him when she was little, , a picture of him in his younger years, as the featured 'hip' scientist on a magazine,, little reminder notes.... like 'feed Lamar',, schematics for the teleport that you cant read. .. funky,,,, also when you appear in Breens office the second time in the transport... the combine interface thing turns its screens to look at you.. o_O, weird.

The picture of the black mesa people.. where gordon freeman is in the back right hand corner.. that's awesome. I'm sure it's not a hard thing to find but when i saw it I just smiled and felt good for some reason.

I thought it was funny too, but maybe City 17 ppl dreaming about cheese is serious, in a way 0.o.

If you wait a long time before you put the HEV suit on, Alyx says:

"Don't worry Gordon, I promise I won't look"

Some of the books in Vance's lab are pretty cool.
There's a Mark Laidlaw book amongst them, like in HL1

The mini teleporter in Kleiner's lab.

Dr. Vance has a sketch of a 'Rotato' in the cart near his bookshelf,. as if he was designing it, lol.

Rotato: http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/rotato.htm

Mossman's bracelet reads "Progress" (cute clue)

Kleiner's stereo readout says he's listening to the Blue Scholars (Seattle Hip-Hop band)

You can even put one of those monitors from the junk heap on the little teleporter and it will go back and forth, lol.

(This kind of exploring is just like old text-based games that Gabe used to play as a kid.."Put Soda Can in Teleporter" "Done." "Press Send Button" "You hear a loud noise and smoke and the can appears in the other teleporter.." Old school fun.

There's a few more I'm forgetting right now...

lanzemurdok said:
The picture of the black mesa people.. where gordon freeman is in the back right hand corner.. that's awesome. I'm sure it's not a hard thing to find but when i saw it I just smiled and felt good for some reason.

I wonder who the person with the whited-out face was ;) ?

And did anyone notice that the photo also has the other two common scientist models from Half Life in it?

Brian Damage said:
I wonder who the person with the whited-out face was ;) ?

And did anyone notice that the photo also has the other two common scientist models from Half Life in it?

breen?

see the pic in issacs labs, you can see gordon, issac gman, and someone eles who face is erased, any one know who it is?

-ZerØ said:
see the pic in issacs labs, you can see gordon, issac gman, and someone eles who face is erased, any one know who it is?
isn't that what we are talking about? that's probably breen

ya know

Not sure if im blind or something but I noticed at the end of the game in Breen's office that Eli has a protestic leg, I don't recall seeing it earlier in the game at Black Mesa East...

Candy_Man said:
Not sure if im blind or something but I noticed at the end of the game in Breen's office that Eli has a protestic leg, I don't recall seeing it earlier in the game at Black Mesa East...
He has it at Black Mesa East, too. Load it up and take another look.

Never noticed it though, I have a habit of not looking down at male characters lol Alyx on the other hand.....

Candy_Man
Candy_Man said:

How did he make a leg out of a nylon belt? THATS the question!

Looks like part of a ski, to me... or a... crossbow? Something flexible of regular thinkness, anyway...

I found gauss gun , its under the docks near left of crane , just watch out for the antlions.

Pardon?

If you did, that's something even the strat guide guys failed to spot.

wbcninjaofmist said:
I found gauss gun , its under the docks near left of crane , just watch out for the antlions.
WHAT!?!
*loads HL2 to check!*

I MANAGED TO KILL ALYX WITH A GRANADE. No, I did not use any type of cheats. I did slow down physics (That's what I was playing around with). We were going to go to the training area for the manipulator, when I decided to throw a granade and then use my gravgun to gently send the granade flying. It didn't come any further than where I first threw it...

HOWEVER...

As I looked around the corner, there was Alyx in a nice little pile of herself. I did save the game so I'll take a screenie later.

Kommie said:
Candy_Man

How did he make a leg out of a nylon belt? THATS the question!

Also @ Brian Damage

Today there's a "new" prostetic which is basically plastic. You walk on it and it's flexible. The retards are now faster then us normal folks (No offense you who've lost a leg or two though).

Edit; THIS IS MY 1k POST. Too bad it was made in a doubleposting thingy.. I figured someone would reply. Oh well, happy 1k day to me.

One of my favs is in Black Mesa East Lab. There is a door which leads to a room with secuirty cameras.

On the main screen you can see 2 Vortigaunts cooking dinner - both with chefs hats on! I pissed myself laughing

shade70 said:
One of my favs is in Black Mesa East Lab. There is a door which leads to a room with secuirty cameras.

On the main screen you can see 2 Vortigaunts cooking dinner - both with chefs hats on! I pissed myself laughing

You can see them, and anything you see on that security screen, while going down the elevator

shade70 said:

You actually get to see them when you're going down the elevator with Mossman...it's pretty funny.

KnifeKnight said:
bong your a dick.. every post you make is pointless..

i found an NPC alien dude up a drain pipe he was cooking a head crab on a spit.

where ? what drain pipe? I wanna see!

wbcninjaofmist said:

i hate it when pple make stuff up.. :frown:

-ZerØ said:

there's been several discussions, and it's totally not Gman on that picture. It's one of the ghost faced scientists from HL1. the erased face is presumed to be Breem, their old supervisor at black mesa.

Back