what did barney say?

L

Lemartes

When Dog lifts the citadel wall for you and barney shouts in the hole, "Hey if you see dr.breen tell him I said..." then my sound glitched. did he say tell him i said F you? lol that would be cool if he did

Lemartes said:
When Dog lifts the citadel wall for you and barney shouts in the hole, "Hey if you see dr.breen tell him I said..." then my sound glitched. did he say tell him i said F you? lol that would be cool if he did
I don't think your supposed to hear it, it just became muffled and indecipherable for me too.

Second on the subtitles. They *semi* censored this one. The subtitle if I am remebering correctly ends "..I said F-- --U" or something like that, including the lines in game, although it corrosponds well to a loud noise that I suppose was to cut it out. Probably because too much flagrant cussing isn't appropriate. I was amused that he refers to headcrabs as "Headhumpers".

Whats the point in cutting it out in a game with such a high rating? Its like them not saying **** in gta (apart from in a song in the first game) untill san andreas.
Come to think of it, why is there a swear filter on these forums, considering theyre forums of hl2?

The **** you was covered by the citadel "wall" closing. It's a bit unnecessary yeah, but it's kinda fun the way it's played though.

ever hear of ****ing spoiler warning tags Lemartes
or post it in the ****ing spoiler forum noob

i read a bit of his first sentance and yes it is i wanna experiance my self not have some asshat tell me

Well how about this then. Barney becomes a traitor and tries to kill alyx and you have to kill him in a huge fight at the end of the game. He is the final boss.
Wasnt such a game destroying spoiler now, was it?

Before you go nuts whezzy that was a joke. But the point is the spoiler was very minor and you dont have to call him names.

lol at the guy who thought that a half-life 2 forum would be spoiler-free at launch.

i beat the game an hour ago. it wasn't hard to stay away from this board until then. just took some common sense.

Whezzy said:
ever hear of ****ing spoiler warning tags Lemartes
or post it in the ****ing spoiler forum noob

The title says "what did barney say" so obviously the thread is going to be making statements/questions about the GAME.

If I start a thread "What guns do I get?" in the game and you go read the thread, well, I think the title is sufficient to say SOMETHING about the game is going to be disclosed.

I am sure you knew Barney was in the game, and that he talked. If you did not want to know what he said, you should have not been in the thread imo.

What chapter is this from again so I can load it up again? :p

"ZOMG! The whole game is ruined now! Oh noes!"
Chill out, Whezzy. You take the risk of reading a spoiler whenever you enter these forums, and you know it. Not everyone knows to put up a spoiler warning.

While I see a purpose for Spoiler Alerts I have a better recommendation. We need to post Whiner Alerts. These whiners do far more to ruin the gaming experience than any spoiler.

How stupid is someone to complain about spoilers while reading the game forums?

Back