What difficult are u goind to play Half-Life 2?

What difficult will u play hl2?

• Easy

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • Normal

Votes: 103 58.9%
  • Hard

Votes: 34 19.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Sorry if there´s already a thread like this, but i want to know if u are gonna play it in Easy, Normal or Hard mode. I always played hl1 on "easy", i never tried the normal and hard....

but i dont know about half-life 2... if the npc´s cleverness changes according to the difficult, than i´ll try it hard.. (don´t know if u can understand me, im brazilian)

in half-life 1 it wasn´t like this, was it? the A.I was the same thing in all difficulties? or not?

Start with easy, then go play multiplayer till you're tired of it then come back and tackle the higher difficulties. :cheers:

Normal. I always play SP games on normal difficulty for some reason.

I'm going for 'Hard' first time through, normal the 2nd time so I can be a bit more easygoing, and explore more..

I'll probobly start with medium, even though I started HL with easy.

do u think i e-mail gabe about it (if the cleverness changes accorgind to the game difficult) or not? i sent him 2 e-mais and he ignored me.. do u think if a send him an e-mail he will answer?

InSaNe TuBaíNa said:
do u think i e-mail gabe about it (if the cleverness changes accorgind to the game difficult) or not? i sent him 2 e-mais and he ignored me.. do u think if a send him an e-mail he will answer?

He didn't "ignore" you, he's very busy..

Normal! I made a topic like this in the past.. but it's cool to see the results with new members :)

he already told somebody else what the difficulty settings will effect before, and it's in the info thread AFAIK. i'll check hold on.

-edit- right Here

Six Three said:
He didn't "ignore" you, he's very busy..

yeah i know.. and my question was very idiot.. i wanted to know if i would be able to play wirh fx 5200.. lol.. when i asked i knew quite nothing about hl2...

Moejoe said:
he already told somebody else what the difficulty settings will effect before, and it's in the info thread AFAIK. i'll check hold on.

-edit- right Here

so, no matter if it´s easy or hard, the npc´s will pass through obstacles the same way? like the question of the other thread, when i drop some boxes in the stairs, they will pass it, independentment of the difficult?

easy, and by then ill hopefully have a new graphics card, then ill play on normal ;)

Probably easy because I will be so giddy that I wont really pay attention and just try to get to the game fast. If not I will play it on normal, maybe.

i think they're path decisions wouldn't vary depending on the difficulty. But what do i know, i didn't program the AI. So the possibility of them taking 2 different paths of action depending on the difficulty is still open...

Moejoe said:
i think they're path decisions wouldn't vary depending on the difficulty. But what do i know, i didn't program the AI. So the possibility of them taking 2 different paths of action depending on the difficulty is still open...

They'll act more aggresively in Hard mode, such as kickin a barrel back at you..

Hard. It makes the game more challenging and more fun. Unless of course, hard turns out to be ridiculously hard.

first time= easy. ill probably want to play it lots more so then ill try medium, then hard!

normal...maybe easy first but its hl2 id rather play it with a more challenging surprise

Six Three said:
They'll act more aggresively in Hard mode, such as kickin a barrel back at you..

i heard if they come to a locked door
they push it in (easy)
they kick it in and hurt you if you are behind the door (normal)
or nad the ****er (hard)

could be wrong, wouldent be the first time

medium, to begin with
ive never played a game on easy in my life

I will start with normal. I used to always do easy in games with the occasional normal, but now I'm pure normal!!

er, if they'll act more aggressive like kicking things at you... I will probably go on hard.

I never play any games at easy either. Normal and then hard. One exception was Caesar 3. That game I played on very hard, and that is the only way to play it.

normal for me :)
i did play HL1 on easy first time through.. but after that it was normal and hard difficulties for me :E

Normal or hard. Going through the game the first time is always the most interesting for me and I want to prolong it as much as possible. I will probably go through on normal first and then on hard the second time to see what differences there are.

Hard, in my experience, makes games more tedious and thus making them more annoying, discouraging me to beat them. I never beat FarCry simply because "Realistic" was SO GOD DAMN ANNOYING
/me rips his hair out at the thought of having to play through HL2 like that

I will play it in normal first
and maube when I feel "prepared" I will play it in hard

also Insane Tubania you are not the only latinamerican
I am from venezuela, and I speak english cuz I dont know if you undrestand spanish

DrEvil said:
I never play any games at easy either. Normal and then hard. One exception was Caesar 3. That game I played on very hard, and that is the only way to play it.

I loved Ceasar 3, until i got to the level where they come and attack you quite early with elephants and hundreds of troops... hmm, i think il reinstall it, great game :cheers:

Normall, game might be to hard first time on hard on, and too boring on easy.

nostra said:
I won't play single ;) ... I'll head straight to multi ;)

Bad choice.:x

The SP is what I've been waiting for ages, want to see what source can showcase - want to see a proper story-based FPS. MP is prolly cs:s, meh. :hmph:

Ill play normal... dont want it to be choir like HL1 on hard.

Why do you guys always asume that everything will be just like HL1. How do you know that the diffuculties will be Easy, Normal, Hard?

Back