Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Normal

Votes: 77 69.4%
  • Hard

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters

Shuzer

Reaction score
I rarely make topics, but I figured this was a good idea. What difficulty are you going to play HL2 on the first run through?
Having beaten Condition Zero's Deleted Scenes tonight on hard, I came to realize.. playing games on hard the first time through just isn't fun. Never again shall I play a game on hard on my first sit through..

I'll be playing on Normal, as I want a nice balance of both fun and difficulty :) Anyone else?

Nobody's normal...

Normal, it's general difficult for the new game, I'm not that confident that I would go harder.

Normal lets you mess around with the physics more, while still keeping up the challenge.

Well, I finished HL1 on hard first but I nearly ended it in the begining of Questionable Ethics where I got stuck with a Satchel Charge, few rounds of Glock and 5 rounds of Phyton and a whole bunch of fuc**** Houndeyes above me(burn in hell bitches!! :flame:) Oh, I forgot to mention my health was below 20 % :D Sooo, a lot of loading and cursing to find the one best way :). But I guess I'll never learn coz I'll play HL2 on hard first. Again. Probably stuck with 5% health and 6 Striders around me... :rolleyes: :)

First time around I will play it on medium difficulty.

After that, I probably will go back on whatever difficulty and mess with the physics while being in God mode.

I usually start on normal for a good experience then I go to the hard difficulty after...because usually on hard mode there are more bad guys with very good aim and that means....MORE THINGS TO SHOOT!! :sniper:

Normal. I don't want to get stressed over some scenario and lose interest.. conversely I don't want to feel like I'm having health packs shoved down my throat.

Hard. Im going to want this experience to last, and I want enemies like the Combine to be operating at their maximum potential.

normal, and i'll problably never repeat it again.. normally i go easy, but i guess this one deserves normal

EDIT-> while i read my post, the times i said "normal" (there i go again) irritaed me

I will play it on normal, because from my experience that is where develpoers focus the gameplay, and then make it easier and harder. But then i will probably play it on hard, and then easy, just to have fun and run thru the game quick again.

Hardest.

These days games are too easy, I like a challenge.

Normal, and then, if I want to play through it again... easy, prolly. :)

after playing through farcry on "realistic" the hardest difficulty in the game and tearing out my hair in certain areas and having to redo certains fights OVER AND OVER AGAIN...

i will play half life 2 on the hardest difficulty, because i've become a masochist when it comes to game difficulty and i have a reputation to keep, besides nothing valve will through at us in hard will be harder than Farcry's "realistic" difficulty. Which was downright insane. (1 short burst from 1 guy will kill you even if you have full armor)
So i am confident that i can deal with the toughness

normal mode because it's not terribly hard, but not a walk in the park.... if a game is too easy then it's kinda dumb for me... like hopefully they won't just like up the firepower of the enemy.... AI should change as well.. Like on easy they stand there and run for cover when they are really low on health... on hard they should run for cover instantly and shoot you from there.

Can a Strider _get_ any harder tho?? lol

After Normal i'm gonna go to hard, then keep going up... then go to easy and just fool around with different ways to beat things and have fun with it :D

Letters said:
They certainly don't seem to do that... dying... thang...

That's because nobody ever thought that if you give them 7-11's cookies they would calm down, sit their 60 foot ass down and have some munchies :cheers: thats how you kill a strider

never seen the cookie gun i guess :rolleyes:

but yea i think the first thing i will want to do is like make a cube with a strider, turn on god mode, and then hack away until it diesss if it can!!! RRRRR matey

Easy, and if the game has good replay-value then I'll go on normal.

But, come to think of it...I wouldn't want difficulty levels. It would make it seem too scripted.
It should be like Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City, there were no difficulty levels. You just played it.

voted medium but not sure .. if i hear hard isnt HARD HARD ill prolly play hard. i want the ai and stuff to be as realistic as possible.if i take long to finish the game.. so? :)

I'll play it on hard because I want to spend more time on the game and enjoy the surroundings.

Normal. I take it we confirmed there would be no real game difference (as far as content and story) when it comes to the difficulty level?

Might try the other settings in a replay. I tended to play the original a lot in easy (with occasional additions...), particularily because I utterly despised humans taking what felt like half a clip to the chest before keeling over. CFGs FOREVER!

Back