What do you think about the NS 3.0 beta?

Tr0n

Reaction score
Sooooo for all of you out there that just got it and played, it give your opinions here on what you liked and disliked.Also that was a good game hunter... :)

I just got back from a round of playing, I only played on the marines.

Not much is different, the game still gives me a headache :\

I don't understand why people think it's so confusing....I just started playing this saturday and I pretty much know most of the things about the game, but thats probally because I been playing fps games all my life and i can adapt well... :)

I didn't like NS at first but after playing it for a few hours it grew on me... quite a bit. I hope people take that type of FPS/RTS gameplay to the next level in some HL2 mods (and TF2, since it is supposed to have RTS aspects... or at least it was the last time I read any official information about TF2).

ive never played natural selection ill have to try. i dont want to reinstall hl but i think its time i tried.

All I want to know is if they've balanced the sides out a bit more since 2.0... The aliens were so powerful the game became entirely pointless...

I'll have you all know that NS is the only reason I would ever reinstall HL. Very innovative and fun mod. Stopped playing after they ruined it with 2.0 though. Hopefully this is a return to form...

I think they've balanced the teams out quite a bit. I've played two games of it today, one where the aliens (my team) got slowly pushed back to our last hive, and lasted for quite a while. The next game went pretty much exactly the same, only the places were switched. I also played some combat and as Marines my team totally dominated.

Well to download the game :

http://gamershell.com/news_BNaturalSelectionBv3.0Be.shtml

Choose the SWE server its 100MBIT Dline.

Natural Selection: Combat

Natural Selection: Combat is a new fast and furious gameplay mode focusing on intense action. Combat games generally last less than ten minutes, and require very little knowledge to play.

New maps - Six new Combat maps, made just for Combat. Enjoy a combat-simulation on "daimos", battle over rock and water on "core", or enjoy non-stop action on "faceoff".

New upgrades - New Combat-specific upgrades like "resupply" and personal scanner sweep give you help when you need it.

Gain experience - Get experience for killing the enemy, or for attacking their base. As you gain experience, you gain levels. Each new level lets you choose a new upgrade, weapon, or piece of equipment. Even after death, you retain these power-ups.
New NS gameplay

New look - Over 150 new textures and new NS maps give the game a whole new look. Fight in the claustrophic halls of ns_ayumi, catching a glimpse of snow falling outside a catwalk, or take control of the awe-inspiring and incredible ns_agora.

Catalyst-packs - New "catalyst-packs" allow Commander to speed rate of fire and movement of marines for a short duration.

New lerk - New flight model for the "Lerk", allowing smooth and precise flapping and gliding (he also has his bite back!).

New spectator interface - All-new spectator mode is easier to use and ideal for match commentators.

New manual - The manual has been totally re-written to include a "quick start" guide, and detailed information on every weapon, ability and structure.

Other features - New chat and font system, the ability for mappers to pre-place structures in maps, 'votemap' command, new scoreboard, new alien "focus" upgrade, and much more.
STEAM and VAC support

Full Steam support - Official Steam support, including a new NS desktop, friends list, and automatic updating. NS will be listed under the "My Games" section (not as a 3rd-party mod).

VALVe Anti-Cheat (VAC) - VAC means that NS and Half-life are updated automatically when new cheats are found. Any cheaters detected by the system are immediately temporarily or permanently banned across all NS servers.
Balanced and tested

Extensively tested - Extensive playtesting with over 100 NS clans and hundreds of Constellation members will mean the most balanced and fun NS yet.

Massive improvements - Over 200 bugs and exploits have been fixed in this version, along with dozens of other improvements. These include "sinking" structures, better hitboxes for players and structures (even for wall-walking skulks!), skulk prediction fixes, and hundreds more.

NS 3 has nothing really new except the combat maps which are even harder to play because you will get killed everytime you spawn.

Now the new lerk is really annoying. I think it is even stronger than onos. :p

God the onos....Hey I have a question.If you get a grenade and pull then pin once the onos digest you, will the onos blow up from the inside?

Back