What games will work on my PC?

Garfield_

Reaction score
Recently got my Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, Geforce 7300LE 128mb and 512MB DDR2. I spent all my money on the CPU and Asus P5B Deluxe mobo so I had to buy some cheap graphics and memory for now.

So I wonder what games will work on the resolution 1680x1050.

Games I'd love to play are, Half-Life 2, Silent Hill 3 but dunno if they'll work.

You went way overboard on your cpu compared to your other stuff.

Still, I think hl2 will work good on that resolution. If not, its because you dont have enough RAM.

it wont work well on that resolution mabye 1280x1024, but if you do play at your max res. you will prob. have to suffice some settings to get better fps.

D:

You should of got a cheaper CPU, more RAM and a better GFX Card.

The GFX Card makes the biggest difference really.

D:

You should of got a cheaper CPU, more RAM and a better GFX Card.

The GFX Card makes the biggest difference really.

I know that but Core 2 Duo E6300 is future proof. You can easily OC it to the speeds of AMD X2 5000+ and even more. As I said I bought the 7300LE just to be able to use my PC. I will however in the end of this month or the next get atleast 512mb more and X1900GT. :>

I know that but Core 2 Duo E6300 is future proof. You can easily OC it to the speeds of AMD X2 5000+ and even more. As I said I bought the 7300LE just to be able to use my PC. I will however in the end of this month or the next get atleast 512mb more and X1900GT. :>

he did the right thing.....this way, when DX10 cards come out, he can upgrade his video card and not have to upgrade his CPU again........
I'm sure hl2 will run, wont run amazingly, but it will run okay.

You'll probably want to stick around 1024x768 high detail with the GFX card. You could lower detail/lighting and raise the resolution (1280x). It is going to depend on the game really.

Nice processor.

That's all I have to say to this thread really. :p

i run Half life 2 just fine and i have a way hella shittier set up, I think with a ram upgrade He'll be set untill dx 10 comes out...

Back