What happened to Escape Mode?

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to the Escape mode? Was it in the unnoficial CS or something and then Valve took it out? Heres a scan in my CS manual (Im not sure if all say this, mines pretty old) that explains it:

It was taken out a long time ago in cs. I don't know why though. I wish I got to play it :(

It was in one of the earlier betas, es_prison was fun as hell. Most people liked it afaik, but the mode was a bit rough edged.

es_frantic was brilliant, as was prison... imo they should have kept the mode, but then I always liked the older CS versions better.

Nobody plays the as maps either, I don't know why... then again the only maps that are ever played are de_dust, de_dust, de_dust, aztec, assault and occasionally office.

Wow, i've never even heard about that mod!

It wasn't a mod just a few maps. And quite honestly it wasn't as fun as you guys pretend it was, the maps were bloody huge! :LOL:

MaxiKana said:
Wow, i've never even heard about that mod!

Wasnt a mod it was a game mode i the early beta's but they took it out!

frantic, prison and trinity .. the best cs memories are from those escape maps. then of course as_tundra, as_forest and all the other beta maps. I can't believe all the fun maps they have removed over the years.

The thing about es maps is that they are easily abusable by llamas. All it takes is 1 T camping in the right spot to waste 5 minutes of everyones time.

well, maybe one of the surprises is the return of escape maps for cs:S

Yeah yeah, I meant mode :p but the e was taken by friggy.

Back