What is the heaviest metal song you know?

S

soccer1986guru

i'm looking for the heaviest and i mean pounding songs out there. what you got?

Children of Bodom - Everytime I die.

Not the heaviest, but it's good.

Pounding? **** the world by Pantera? Actually Pantera sounds a little tame next to something like Dig by Mudvayne.

Mr. Deadman - Union Underground

Edit: BTW, I don't listen to heavey metal.
Edit2: Except Metallica.

Bad blood by Ministry its on the matrix soundtrack quite heavy but theres a multitude of songs and tunes that are denser than water though so keep them coming !!!

Just a thought

soccer1986guru said:
i'm looking for the heaviest and i mean pounding songs out there. what you got?

Food needs labels.

Not music.

Two Minutes to Midnight - Iron Maiden? IDK, it's more rock to me.

You could try Dragonforce?

Or 'Nothing' by A...which might not technically be metal per se but by bollocks it fits the description of 'pounding'.

sinkoman said:
Food needs labels.

Not music.

'Heaviest' and 'pounding' is more of a term to describe elements of music. Heavy being... well, whatever characteristics make music heavy like.. uh, distortion or whathaveyou.

i like food - the descendants, best lyrics ever:

"i like food, food tastes good! i like food, food tastes good! juicy burgers, greasy fries turkey legs and raw fish eyes teenage girls, with ketchup too! get out of my way, or i'll eat you i like food, food tastes good! i like food, food tastes good! i'm going to turn dining back into eating."

runner up:

Butthole surfers: Goofy's Concern

American Woman by The Butthole Surfers isn't exactly a very heavy song, but you'll walk away after listening to it feeling like you just got raped, one of the wierdest songs ever

Dragonforce and Bodom? Holy crap, this thread needs some schooling.

Depending on what you define as heavy, try listening to:

Anaal Nathrakh - The Supreme Necrotic Audnance
Dew-Scented - Acts of Rage/Soul Poison/Cities of the Dead
Shape of Despair - Curse Life
Immolation - Unholy Cult
Nasum - Absolutely Anything

For a start.

Why the sh1t is this not in the Music/Musicians forum??

Heaviest?

Demolition Hammer - Skull Fracturing Nightmare

The whole album Epidemic of Violence may be the heaviest thing I have ever heard....

Laivasse said:
Gotta support British metal! Plus that album is what I imagine will be playing when the world ends, heh.

What's the Axyon effect? You're making me paranoid now :eek:

Axyon said:
What's the Axyon effect? You're making me paranoid now :eek:

:smoking: it's what someone called that big hullabulloo a while back where Lawyer imploded and a bunch of people left. It's also possibly a deodorant and a Michael Crichton novel.

Why dont you check out some:

Morbid Angle
Emporer
Akercocke
Opeth

3 inches of blood
abyssic hate
Bathory
Beherit
borknagar
Deinonychus
electric wizard
immortal
sepultra

ill stop there

Uranium (U) is a pretty heavy metal. Never been near any myself, good luck with it if you try! I think the heaviest metal I've personally used is probably Gold (Ag), but not very often. Well, I guess you could count Mercury (Hg) but I couldn't touch that stuff.

Erestheux said:
Uranium (U) is a pretty heavy metal. Never been near any myself, good luck with it if you try! I think the heaviest metal I've personally used is probably Gold (Ag), but not very often. Well, I guess you could count Mercury (Hg) but I couldn't touch that stuff.

I LOL'ed

Meshuggah is a pretty good band. In an ear rape kind of way.

They're math metal. What ever the **** that means.

Geogaddi said:
I LOL'ed

Meshuggah is a pretty good band. In an ear rape kind of way.

1 PLUS 1 EQUALS 2 FOR SATIN!

I've heard heavier but the heavist song I like is probably something off Whisper Supremecy by Cryptopsy.

Geogaddi said:

A silly term for more technical music. In this case, metal. Just for things like odd timings, key changes, drum patterns, etc.

SearanoX said:
What the **** is this shit? You people make me sick.
Well, maybe definitions of 'metal' and, indeed, of 'heavy' are so wide-ranging that even though I don't have the slightest clue about metal, I thought there might be a good chance he didn't either? :p

Heheh, Vader are heavy, yes, but the whole album kicks your arse solely because of the fantastic bass production. God I love Vader :LOL:

Sulkdodds said:
Well, maybe definitions of 'metal' and, indeed, of 'heavy' are so wide-ranging that even though I don't have the slightest clue about metal, I thought there might be a good chance he didn't either? :p
Yeah, but come on, panpipe music is about as heavy as Dragonforce.

SearanoX said:
Behemoth - Slaves Shall Serve
Crossed my mind also.
SearanoX said:
Nile - Execration Text
Nile - Wind of Horus
Nice choices. I'd add Churning the Maelstrom, Chapter For Transforming Into a Snake and maybe Masturbating the War God.

As for Dragonforce - Power Metal by definition isn't at all 'heavy' or 'pounding', but as far as Power Metal bands go DF are pretty fast and punchy.

I'd like to add Impaled - Preservation of Death, because I love both them and that song, but also because it's pretty damn heavy in a 'crashing' kind of way.

ríomhaire said:
Mr. Deadman - Union Underground

Edit: BTW, I don't listen to heavey metal.
Edit2: Except Metallica.
Master Of Puppets nice song huh:)

Back